377 posts
    Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
BigBouncyBright says

Hello guys, I’m a little bit disappointed with one thing: some posts in this thread was blocked and marked “against self-promotion”, some – not. So I would like to understand one simple thing: For what did this thread is started? And what kind of discussion should it contain if we can’t say “hello people, this is my new AJ work, please rate it” or something like that? If the track is rejected (not good work) we can discuss it but if it is approved – we can’t? Correct me, if I’m wrong. This is not complaint, because my post is non-blocked :) ...yet. Staff replies also appreciated

262 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
KelMusic says

This is really disappointed for me too!!!

3213 posts Point. Counterpoint.
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

Hey guys, It’s true that there is a lack of clarity on this topic. However, in the absence of black and white rules, I can only give you this feedback.

Item discussion is fine if there is something specific to discuss, and when posted in healthy way. And yes, generally, the moderation staff may allow a new user to announce a new/first item.

Discussing rejections is clear cut, we can all agree on that in principle.

For approved items, however, it becomes an issue when posting becomes a visible habit. Posting a simple.. “Look at my track, please rate!” for several recent approvals in a short span, especially without opening the ‘Discussion’ on any specific point, is problematic. :)

Consider these examples:

1. Check out my latest track! What do you think?
2. Check out my first pack!
3. Our best selling items!

Frequently posting like this without stimulating an actual discussion would tend to be perceived more like self-promotion, so if that seems to become a regular occurrence, then yes, threads will be removed or locked

On the other hand, consider:

1. Drum techniques – Here’s a track that was approved, I tried a new approach to mastering drums. Anyone have any feedback? Do they sound too compressed on your side? How do you approach compression on your own percussion? Got an example?

2. Better piano? – Here’s one of my tracks I’m thinking of modifying.. I want to get a better piano sound.. Do you feel it’s worth improving? What’s the best way brighten piano in the mix? or maybe I should do a techno version! :D

3. Vocals or not? – I’d appreciate some opinions here. Listen to the vocal stabs on this one. I like them, but I’m not sure if they would be as appealing to buyers, for general commercial use. I can always have both, yes, but which one do you think I should play first on the preview to please buyers sooner? Thoughts?

These types of posts will stimulate actual Item Discussion, which is what the section is all about.

Of course, it’s still subjective. A post here and there for genuine discussion is fine, when an exchange is generated. That said, seeing this approach used on an abnormally regular basis could still be construed as a means to take advantage of Item discussion, just to get those clicks.

Perception of intent is the key thing here, and depending on what moderators see, these instances would be judged on a case by case basis if they become regular.

That’s just my opinion for you guys, Hope it clears up questions. Community management may chime in with more tangibles. :)

377 posts
    Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
BigBouncyBright says

Yes, it clears up questions, Thanks ADG3studios. But the question of banning of such a posts is more subjective than others and this is a norm as I understand

by
by
by
by
by
by