16 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
sschafi1 says

Hey all,

I’m fairly new to AJ, as I’ve only been here since late June, but I already have made over 20 bucks. I think I can get used to extra cash, however small the amount, haha.

I recently uploaded a track that’s meant as background music for any variety of projects. I already have 1 sale on it, which is great, but I’m wondering if there’s anything I could do to the audio to make it sell better? I know that mixing/mastering can take something that sounds good to the next level, so I’m hoping I can do more to increase the appeal :)

All critiques are appreciated!

http://audiojungle.net/item/raindrops/2759710
12 posts
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
AmplifySounds says

Hi, I’m no expert, but I think the track is quite good – definitely getting a Brubeck feel from it. The advice I can offer would be to lower the drums in the mix, and if possible, use a more ‘jazzy’ sounding kit (if you have one at hand, assuming you used VST ). Also, the higher, spaced out notes (some sort of synth delayed marimba/piano hybrid?) aren’t sounding like they fit in with the track – if the same notes were played on a sustained Rhodes or a real sax, I think it could work quite well. Best of luck with it!

16 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
sschafi1 says

Thanks for the reply! Brubeck was indeed an inspiration, haha.

I thought the drums might have been a bit loud as well, I’ll definitely fix that.

I was going for more of a Jazzy-Ambient hybrid style with this track, so the heavily delayed synth bells with a hefty amount of reverb kind of fit that ambient style. It sounds better when combined with the low synth pad and synth strings that come later :)

I had the category as “Ambient: Lounge” but the reviewer changed it to Jazz :(

16 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
sschafi1 says

I fixed the drums’ volume, so it should sound a bit better now :)

by
by
by
by
by
by