766 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

Just got an e-mail from my accountant. It’s suspended until the 1st of July.

Probably because at this date a lot of dumb italians will be on holiday and will be easier to steal money 8-)

174 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
Rickyloca says

A question for you guys who have a P.Iva: Imagine you make enough money from Envato to choose to live wherever you want outside of Italy (I guess some of you do! :) ) is having a P.IVA the right choice to work and live abroad? Or do I have to open a sort of local p.iva? It’s obvious a P.IVA is required if you are a freelancer in Italy, but what if you are a freelancer who works around the world for years?

7575 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

if you are a criminal and you stole a lot of money from the state or made the money with drugs, prostitution, slave trade, arms trafficking and other innocent activities like this, you can bring back your money to Italy (no questions asked) paying 5% only of the entire amount. Note that the entire amount is the result of illegal activities.

But if you are a honest citizen then you need to pay 20%

I’m not joking.

Just got an e-mail from my accountant. It’s suspended until the 1st of July.

It is suspended because a leader of the opposition in Italy talked about it on an event that many citizen watched. The politicians in power had to minimize the damage so for now they “suspended” the tax.

While I knew about this scam before the yesterday event, it is a good thing it got a little national coverage. Hope more of this state scams get to light.

766 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

A question for you guys who have a P.Iva: Imagine you make enough money from Envato to choose to live wherever you want outside of Italy (I guess some of you do! :) ) is having a P.IVA the right choice to work and live abroad? Or do I have to open a sort of local p.iva? It’s obvious a P.IVA is required if you are a freelancer in Italy, but what if you are a freelancer who works around the world for years?

I wish I had the courage to leave Italy, but for the moment, I haven’t..! :confusedsad:

Anyway there is no difference: if you can prove that you lived 6 months + 1 day abroad and your business is not focused in Italy, you don’t have to pay taxes. Otherwise the cetriolone is always behind you, also if you travel for months!

And if you don’t pay taxes in Italy, doesn’t have sense to keep a p.iva and give away thousands of euros “for free”. Almost any country in the world has better taxation and better services, I’d stop any link with Italy and setup everything in the new place I want to live.

@Doru, we both know that it won’t happen, mi sono messo il cuore in pace da subito :)

by
by
by
by
by
by