Do you think buyers prefer isolated images or items in real world settings?
- Envato Staff
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Community Ambassador
- Beta Tester
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
Agree with @KingDog. However, as a designer, I end up trying to find isolated items to incorporate into my design. For me, I lean towards isolated photos, but maybe that’s just my style of designing.
Isolated items might sell more due to large commercial use.
I can do both. I have “infinite backgrounds” for isolation and real world is all around us.
When I’m looking for stock photography I tend to buy real world photos – to shoot them myself.
I’ve never sold stock photography so was wondering what others thought of when given the choice.