• Located in Europe
+1 more
Dream_Craft says
84 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
marcusunlimited says

It is a bit more “primal” than (ahem) JoHn Williams, however it is a fantastic quality track, way to go.

~Marcus :)

24 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Dream_Craft says

Thank you Marcus :)

67 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
OnSale says

Yes, it is a bit more aggressive than what legendary John would write, nevertheless you have a bit of a romantic moment there, I also have enjoyed how you have connected the phrases throughout the piece, there is knowledge behind your music. Also interesting brass theme you got there. Great work!

24 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Dream_Craft says

Thank you Lex! I am very happy for your critic. But never sold :)

27 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Creartic says

Man, a little bit of self criticism wouldn’t hurt. “This is the masterpiece of our sypmphonic compositions like Hollywood sountracks.” ? Seriously? This is a nice track, but not even close to the Legend himself. It just doesn’t have that magical ‘something’, that is hard to explain with words, and only the best of the best can create. I’m sure you all know what I mean. For me, it’s too aggressive, far less melodic than I would expect after reading the thread title. Nonetheless, keep up the good work.

84 posts
marcusunlimited says

Actually Creartic, perhaps I have had to many academic argumentation classes, but whenever someone says “that is hard to explain with words,” well, I feel like a firm stance in opposition to anything may be inappropriate or immature.

I did not see any ego in “dreams” post, and although I love John Williams work, he is also working with EPIC resources. I mean, consider, on a bit of a tangent, the recent film Man of Steel. The film, so celebrated by the public, was a massive display of financial resources leveraged to the hilt. I am sure any writer, any musician, any artist could create a work easily, if not more so “epic,” if given - in some cases - similar resources.

The magic something you thought was missing, may be a connection to a whole love of modern mythology, incredible special effects budgets, and some serious story writing skills.

Imagine any worthwhile music dropping as Vader exits the imperial shuttle before a few thousand storm troopers and you will never forget it. Especially from someone as skilled as JW.

Still I appreciate both points of view on this one.

~Marcus :)

Man, a little bit of self criticism wouldn’t hurt. “This is the masterpiece of our sypmphonic compositions like Hollywood sountracks.” ? Seriously? This is a nice track, but not even close to the Legend himself. It just doesn’t have that magical ‘something’, that is hard to explain with words, and only the best of the best can create. I’m sure you all know what I mean. For me, it’s too aggressive, far less melodic than I would expect after reading the thread title. Nonetheless, keep up the good work.
27 posts
Creartic says

I see your point, marcusunlimited, but I cannot agree. Special effects, modern mythology, serious story writing skills, and anything related, do not matter much to me, as I usually listen to the music before even considering watching the movie. There’s a lot of scores that I’ve listened to, then loved or hated, that were written to movies I didn’t see and sometimes don’t even plan on doing so.
So, John Williams or James Newton-Howard, Thomas Newman or Shigeru Umebayashi, they all could be writing their music to either 300 mln $ dollar blockbuster or a student project – I would say the same about it.
And sorry, I think that by saying that anybody could score a Hollywood hit, achieving the same quality that top composers do, you’re way off. It’s just more something more than financial resources and picture you’re writing for.

Don’t get me wrong – I’m not saying I’m a better composer than the author of this thread; I’m propably not.
It just seems that I’m just more of a realist.

P.S. Man of Steel was scored by Hans Zimmer, not John Williams. ;)

84 posts
marcusunlimited says

Ummm, that is why I said the Man of Steel reference was “a bit of a tangent?”

Oh well.

I see your point, marcusunlimited, but I cannot agree. Special effects, modern mythology, serious story writing skills, and anything related, do not matter much to me, as I usually listen to the music before even considering watching the movie. There’s a lot of scores that I’ve listened to, then loved or hated, that were written to movies I didn’t see and sometimes don’t even plan on doing so.
So, John Williams or James Newton-Howard, Thomas Newman or Shigeru Umebayashi, they all could be writing their music to either 300 mln $ dollar blockbuster or a student project – I would say the same about it.
And sorry, I think that by saying that anybody could score a Hollywood hit, achieving the same quality that top composers do, you’re way off. It’s just more something more than financial resources and picture you’re writing for.

Don’t get me wrong – I’m not saying I’m a better composer than the author of this thread; I’m propably not.
It just seems that I’m just more of a realist.

P.S. Man of Steel was scored by Hans Zimmer, not John Williams. ;)
27 posts
Creartic says

That’s it? Your answer is just going to be pointing out that I misread something? :D

Oh well, indeed.

by
by
by
by
by
by