951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

jremick and Carmen thanks for the answers. For 6-8 months everything was smooth and the selection was impeccable, and suddendly everything returned back to the origins. Glad to know this rule is still active and was just a minor mistake :) Cheers.

3560 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

..seriously! I see that some items have images in previews of famous people or from famous movies.. how is that possible?

This is because the reviewers can’t recognize all famous people :) Their human, not robots.. You can’t expect them to recognize every movie star :D

212 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Italy
+6 more
indieground says

This is because the reviewers can’t recognize all famous people :) Their human, not robots.. You can’t expect them to recognize every movie star :D

Yeah you’re right! but trust me, the ones I saw are very very popular (can’t write it here for respect of the authors).. that’s why I opened this thread!

Btw thanks to Carmen and jremick!

212 posts
  • Located in Italy
+6 more
indieground says

Hi everyone,

Envato Review Manager here to help clarify this particular topic. The Review Team evaluates submissions against 1) a set of technical standards and 2) a set of internal policies. If we see an item that we think may be violating copyright or an internal policy, then we will, of course, reject it. However, that relies on the personal knowledge of each individual reviewer, which varies from person to person. As we are not copyright or IP inspectors, these issues will sometimes, unfortunately, get through.

If you see something concerning, please be sure to report it to our Support Team for further inquiry.

Thanks!

I’m re-opening this discussion. I know that reviewers are humans and people has different knowledge, but I just saw a thing that is just scandalous. It can’t be possible such an oversight. because is not one image, there are 5-6 image of different famous people in the same item preview.. and also their name are written under their photo. So unless the reviewer lived under a rock with corks in his ears for the last 10 years, is definitively IMPOSSIBLE that he didn’t knew at least ONE of these extremely famous people.

I’m sorry being such a fussy person, but I think this is a little bit disrespectful towards to authors, like me, that almost a year ago have spent hours & hours trying to replace the copyrighted photos. And I’m doing this also to help envato and also the author of the work that may be involved in some problematic issues.

3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Just saw the item you are referring to. The good name of Envato has been sullied by a picture of Justin Bieber! :(:(:(

This is a dark day. :(

:(

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Hi everyone,

Envato Review Manager here to help clarify this particular topic. The Review Team evaluates submissions against 1) a set of technical standards and 2) a set of internal policies. If we see an item that we think may be violating copyright or an internal policy, then we will, of course, reject it. However, that relies on the personal knowledge of each individual reviewer, which varies from person to person. As we are not copyright or IP inspectors, these issues will sometimes, unfortunately, get through.

If you see something concerning, please be sure to report it to our Support Team for further inquiry.

Thanks!

I’m re-opening this discussion. I know that reviewers are humans and people has different knowledge, but I just saw a thing that is just scandalous. It can’t be possible such an oversight. because is not one image, there are 5-6 image of different famous people in the same item preview.. and also their name are written under their photo. So unless the reviewer lived under a rock with corks in his ears for the last 10 years, is definitively IMPOSSIBLE that he didn’t knew at least ONE of these extremely famous people.

I’m sorry being such a fussy person, but I think this is a little bit disrespectful towards to authors, like me, that almost a year ago have spent hours & hours trying to replace the copyrighted photos. And I’m doing this also to help envato and also the author of the work that may be involved in some problematic issues.

Which category? Feel free to email me the link.

212 posts
  • Located in Italy
+6 more
indieground says

Hi Ivor! the item displays now a not found page

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Hi Ivor! the item displays now a not found page

Soft disabled. Thanks for letting us know.

by
by
by
by
by
by