41 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Italy
Marcozannone says

Hi everyone!

I could really use some opinions on the overall quality (especially soundwise) of my first upload, I’m actually new to any kind of recording and audio techniques, I used a software called pianoteq to record this piano solo. It simulates the sound of a grand piano… Do you think the audio quality meets the standards required from buyers here at audiojungle?

http://audiojungle.net/item/short-piano-solo-/2661176

Thanks for any help! :)

327 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Won a Competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
TimOstanin says

I think that the audio quality is good ) I like it ) Good luck

284 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
adammonroe says

If it was approved for upload, the audio quality is probably good enough. That being said, solo piano is something that’s hard to get sounding just right. I’ve always had trouble with it. Pianoteq is good and sits well in a mix, but for solo piano I prefer a sampled piano vs a modeled piano, as it just adds that extra bit of character. For something soft like your piece, emotional piano or imperfect samples

But like I said, there’s nothing wrong with pianoteq. However, some of the sample piano libraries out there will simply inspire you to compose music. I’m always loading up Cinesamples Piano in Blue and it inspires me to write jazzy/bluesy type stuff.

But to be honest, I think most of the people buying music are probably listening to your composition more than the timbre of your particular piano sound, the exception being if it sounds really good or really bad. There’s only so much you can do with a piano vs what you can do with a multi-track recording. Your composition sounds good, so try not to worry about the actual “sound” of it too much. Good playing can sound great even on crappy equipment.

41 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Italy
Marcozannone says

Thank you all very much ! Very helpful :) Adam, what do you think about logics piano samples? There’s a steinway I think sounds pretty good…

by
by
by
by
by
by