666 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

ditched the stupid mouse and gave it some time
mouse acceleration is os X is something very wierd for switchers from windows :) after couple of days you are getting used to it and it seems comfortable. but then you take mouse on windows machine and it like “nah, in windows it is better” :)

Hahaha, indeed. And I’m simply the worst person when it comes to mice. I have more than 10 mice, including some from Razer, Logitech, etc and none fits my style perfectly.

When I first used the Magic mouse, I was “wtf, am I supposed to use this?”. Instantly plugged in my trusty Intellimouse :-)

:D I’m on my good-old logitech M705

btw, my friend told me, that Magic mouse requires fresh batteries every week! (I’ve changed batteries a year and a half ago in my Logitech)

3694 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

My old Powerbook left me with Kernel Panics and a dead logic card after only 6 months of use.

Wouldn’t the store take it back? :o Here in Holland there’s consumer protection which basically says that products that break before their reasonable live expectancy should be replaced by the store – for a laptop, 6 months is definitely within that margin.

72 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in India
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
DESIGN-KING says

I am using my new iMac 27 since last four months and the experience is much better than windows. Quick start, big screen, cool user experience, great configuration, simple settings & features, awesome mouse, nice small keyboard etc… and not at all messy desks like windows where there are so many cables that sometimes we get confused :). So, for me i am very much satisfied & happy in investing into iMac :)

1093 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
lifwanian says

^ I had the same setup. Loved it too.

But, I hated that mouse… It was way too small, and after hours of using it, my hands felt like crap!

209 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Greece
+2 more
corethemes says

Hmmm… I have downloaded apps like Firefox and Siblime Text 2 and attached them to the dock. However, after each restart, their icons become huge questionmarks until I start them again.

Can anyone help me with that?

1618 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says

Hmmm… I have downloaded apps like Firefox and Siblime Text 2 and attached them to the dock. However, after each restart, their icons become huge questionmarks until I start them again. Can anyone help me with that?

When installing an app you need to drag it to your Applications folder. Just the main program icon, the one you drag to the dock, and then you can drag the ikon from the Applications folder to the dock and it should keep on working properly. If the app’s not installed it will show up as a ? rather than the normal icon.

Hope it helped!

1093 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
lifwanian says

Watch this guy drop his new iMacs…. 27 times – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJJoQOAKvw#!

74 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Panama
solybarr says

Hi Nikos,

I resisted “The change” for many many years… now.. I do have my Pc laptop backup..which I use for games or when I need to test IE… BUT .. I ADORE MY IMAC .. I wouldnt change it for the world.. would not go back.. I added a Magic trackpad to my purchase which makes the whole experience dreamy.. :)

Regards, Sol

1660 posts
+9 more
flashedge says

My old Powerbook left me with Kernel Panics and a dead logic card after only 6 months of use.
Wouldn’t the store take it back? :o Here in Holland there’s consumer protection which basically says that products that break before their reasonable live expectancy should be replaced by the store – for a laptop, 6 months is definitely within that margin.
Look, I have a busy life. I was so pissed off I let another guy handle it by just selling it to him. There is no way I’ll waste my time for this. Even changing a simple stupid battery is an odyssey.
1660 posts
+9 more
flashedge says

That doesn’t sound good ethics. But that’s probably just me. :S
I’m usually a very kind person. But that guy deserved to be fooled for being such a douchebag with me. Anyway he got it repaired and didn’t lose anything. :)
by
by
by
by
by
by