hehe

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

This is not a representation of their algorithm anyways. When you enter a single, short, generic word such as “hello” the most popular images are going to appear. There are probably billions of hello kitty images on the internet, thats a lot of hello’s and SEO ;)

For instance simply adding a word “hello there” brings all different results without a single pink cat.

My 2 cents.

5998 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

This is not a representation of their algorithm anyways. When you enter a single, short, generic word such as “hello” the most popular images are going to appear. There are probably billions of hello kitty images on the internet, thats a lot of hello’s and SEO ;)

For instance simply adding a word “hello there” brings all different results without a single pink cat.

My 2 cents.

If I search with the single word “image”, google shows me “google images” on top. I tried the same on bing and it atleast points wikipedia definition of “image” which is more context sensitive atleast. Popularity can’t be allowed to dominate base of search concepts. People usually searches to reach info/data – not necessarily to see what is popular in the planet! :D

Of course we all know the practical/technical limits, still google didn’t prove so far that they respect context. There are more cruel results even with multiple words. Just saying this after recent 3-4 years of observation.

by
by
by
by
by
by