2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

@mafloral Sorry, I was talking about the people attacking OXYLUS , who I think we should all be grateful to, as they prove you can still make good money on here.

2114 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
fifty_tons says
It would be completely unfair to limit any one person in any way. If your sales are low its ultimately down to you alone. Don’t like it? what’s stopping you from doing the same?

On TF there are only templates, and one of the advantages is that the exposure time on the front page is way higher. Plus users don’t have to search through piles of junk to find what they need.

1550 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

1. To much junk here.

2. WP is more popular than flash.

btw.

Interesting idea, for selling only exclusive on flash den.

8251 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
Interesting idea, for selling only exclusive on flash den.

they would never do that, they much make a killing on oxylus’ sales since they only get 25% from their flash account…

131 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
peejay says
It would be completely unfair to limit any one person in any way. If your sales are low its ultimately down to you alone. Don’t like it? what’s stopping you from doing the same?
On TF there are only templates, and one of the advantages is that the exposure time on the front page is way higher. Plus users don’t have to search through piles of junk to find what they need.

Nah – I search through Site Templates as I don’t have time to sift through the millions of preloaders that look the same as the next. I reckon they should just stop preloaders altogether. I mean, if you can’t find what you need in the zillions that are there there’s something wrong.

So templates get as much exposure for me, but wether they are worth buying is another thing. It’s just seemingly all the same garbage at the moment (bar a few of corse – sorry) and lately there’s hardly any new ones. I’ve been coming here most days to see what’s around and to be honest, as there are hardly any new templates I don’t come back as much any more. Combine that with the dissappointing let down of authours like Big Z who don’t even bother to answer support queries for months and months on end, and you have a place which is looking really sloppy and amateurish.

If I’m to be completely honest I used to come here for templates from peeps like Triworks (who don’t seem to make anything new anymore) and although there are quite a few amazing authors still, they don’t seem to be be pumping them out like they used to, bar a couple of corse. Probably becuase of pricing being too low or something.

552 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Mufaddal says

what i feel, jealousy is looming…

ppl attacking oxylus only because they are professional and create more files and at good pace….

meaning less time for other authors on the homepage. this is a market more you produce better for you on making money..so stop attacking others and start creating…

Msfx said raise your game dont look at whats happening around you. create unique files they will sell.

Uniqueness sells

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Trashing OXYLUS what a piteous way to go .

OXYLUS is on his top of his game AS2 /AS3 I think most of the comment here about OXYLUS come from jealousy by some developers, give the man some respect we are all flashers here.

660 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+1 more
donchev_a says

I think, AD is not dead. The whole business is low and it is obvious why.

Regarding Oxilus, they have strategy and they follow it. In the business not always the amount of the products makes more sales or profit. Even if you are the top seller on certain marketplace.

To make a file you invest time and/or money. So the files which Oxilus are uploading cost money for them. The point is what their profit is? Probably they know.

For example VF do not upload new files. He has 3 files and makes awesome sales. So he is not investing time in making new items but still makes good profit.

I also do not necessarily agree on this the files without sales to be removed. I think when a customer is searching for files they sort the files by two major criterias: rating, sales. ;)

So in order to have rating or sales you need what – sales. :)

guys just keep making awesome files and enjoy the life… do not forget to laugh… and sing.. this helps to relief the stress. :D

915 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
michaelhejja says

I think it was just the holidays. Things picked up pretty quickly for me again since Jan 1st. On another note, the Envato marketplace is HUGE compared to where it used to be. Time to 1) Release files on other Envato sites as well as ActiveDen 2) Market your own files yourself more through banner ads / your own site / etc…

Can’t count on people just finding your stuff anymore…

2541 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

This has gone off topic and taken a turn for the worse.

As asked before, please do not call out any authors specifically in the forums or act rudely towards others members. We’re all for productive conversation, but when it turns into conversations calling out other author and some files on here “junk”, then it has to be locked.

by
by
by
by
by
by