2195 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+13 more
mpc says

Hi guys I am trying to publish a micro “game” with iPhone packager to check the performance of Box2D on the iPhone, but when I try to publish it the process stops at 00:05 and don’t want to finish, I don’t get any error it looks like the packager is still working. The games is based on Lee’s tutorial http://gotoandlearn.com/play.php?id=135 Maybe it doesnt want to publish because of the external swc libraries? (that would be weired because swc is simple AS code)

Do you have any idea how to fix it?

2195 posts
+13 more
mpc says

I know what was wrong the compilation process take so long, it displayed 2 minutes but went for almost 20 ;P WOW !

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

I think from day one with CS5 that and still the main issue with the cs5 converting you need like a super nova machine to work with the cs5 convert to the iPhone packager + don’t do anything when it is in the process of the converting (your machine can explode :P ), I say it’s a pure garbage on what Adobe is doing with the cs5 convert to the iPhone packager

2195 posts
+13 more
mpc says

I think from day one with CS5 that and still the main issue with the cs5 converting you need like a super nova machine to work with the cs5 convert to the iPhone packager + don’t do anything when it is in the process of the converting (your machine can explode :P ), I say it’s a pure garbage on what Adobe is doing with the cs5 convert to the iPhone packager

Yeah but still it is easier to wait 20 minutes then to learn Objective-C :D

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Yeah but still it is easier to wait 20 minutes then to learn Objective-C :D .

Looking for sort cut`s is not the best why for success Kuba :P .

I already been there, I try …. But at the end i learn Objective (not that i do much with it ).

Now i learn that crape HTML 5 , man that is even more painful for me, but man all the cell industry is going in to that direction the way i see it, i think mainly because flash consuming to much battery from cellphone, but i still think HTML 5 is crap :P

Man i learn to much crap stuff this days :P

2195 posts
+13 more
mpc says

Yeah I know but still, learning new programing language would take months… and I just want to play with it, see what s the performance.

P.S I am still not able to install the app on my iphone, the developing of the app took me 1 hour. Right now I am trying to get it to work on my iphone for around 4 strait hours ;O

2195 posts
+13 more
mpc says

BTW Tsafi where did you start learning Objective?

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

BTW Tsafi where did you start learning Objective?

You forget I teach at the matrix division so i have free access for all the IT Education technology.

http://www.johnbryce.com/index.php/En/news-a-events

2195 posts
+13 more
mpc says

Ok I have finally run my app on the iPhone, it hangs before showing anything for about 30 seconds, and then you see two vector rectangles with Box 2D physics applied to them and you get at most 1fps. This is an epic fail ;)

It is truly time to learn objective-c ;)

3402 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says

Ok I have finally run my app on the iPhone, it hangs before showing anything for about 30 seconds, and then you see two vector rectangles with Box 2D physics applied to them and you get at most 1fps. This is an epic fail ;) It is truly time to learn objective-c ;)

Start with this: http://oneweekapp.com/log/page/6/

I think seeing what his experience was will help you.

On the Apple Developer page you will find everything you need. http://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action

Such as iOS Human Interface Guidelines and iOS Application Programming Guide.

On iTunes there’s a lot of videos as well: http://itunes.apple.com/itunes-u/iphone-application-programming/id384233222#ls=1

It’s a matter of dedication and ambition from you. In hours after you start you’ll understand why Flash isn’t a good choice for building iOS apps.

by
by
by
by
by
by