TL;DR: Envastats is a freaking cool stats dashboard, scroll down for the link to download the beta
Envastats is a Chrome extension I built as a side project to provide meaningful reports about my sales. At first I wanted to display a simple chart of sales on top of my statement page, but after way more time than planned, I ended up with a multiple features widgetized dashboard – I just don’t know how to keep things simple…
This is just a personnal project, with a few remaining bugs and maybe not the best UI in the world, but I like how it gives a quick overview of sales and changes in realtime, so I thought I would share it with Envato authors, maybe via the Chrome Web Store. But first I am looking for a few beta-testers to check how it works against various author accounts, and particulary accross marketplaces: I only have a ThemeForest account, so I don’t know how it will handle a Photodune account, for instance.
The feature I wanted the most is the intelligent currency conversion: each sale is converted at the rate of the day where the corresponding earnings are sent to the author (the 15th of the n+1 month). With the large variations of the USD to EURO conversion rate over the last months, I needed a more precise report of final earnings over time than what my author earnings page provide.
So if you guys are interested, scroll down for the link to download the unpackaged extension and instructions on how to install.
Oh, and the code is available on Github under the MIT licence, feel free to fork it and enhance it! I’d love to see this project evolve in the Envato community. And I know I am not the best JS coder around, so I’d be pleased to hear your suggestions on the code!
- Display sales and earnings for the last 30 days, 6 months or for all time
- Display sales and earnings distributions by items (12 most populars), days of week and hours of the day
- Display counters for number of sales, amount sold, earnings and referral cuts, for three different time ranges: all time, current month and current week.
- Provides estimations for the end of the current week and month
- Display progress circles for paws, author’s rate and elite levels (once maximum rate is reached)
- Provides intelligent currency conversion, and actual rate is updated every 2 hours (requires a free Open Exchange Rate account app ID because of requests limitations, instructions are given in the UI)
- Option for automatic refresh each 15 minutes and button for manual refresh
- Buttons to reset settings or database in case something’s broken
- Based on local storage and IndexedDB
- Uses a widgets structure, a customization tool is planned (see below)
- l10n and i18n (english and french available, feel free to provide your own translation!)
- Add daily and hourly average sales rate
- Add a desktop notification for each new sale and increment the counter in the main bar icon, with a button to reset counter
- Display items’ distribution in the sales/earnings chart using stacked bars/lines
- Add PayPal/Payoneer fees calculator for actual income output (but this looks like a HUGE mess, so I am not sure)
- Show a slider of the whole time range with two cursors to define start and end of displayed range
- Display progression for the week and month sales reports against previous week/month (using green up arrow or red down arrow and the percentage)
- Allow users to customize their dashboard (widgets, positions and sizes)
- Add a widgets API to allow adding extra widgets
- Color themes
- A full-screen mode to use this as a permanent dashboard
To install the beta version
Note: this extension is still in the early stages of development, so there may be issues with some accounts and marketplaces. In case the database’s corrupted or some options are given a wrong value, you can force a rebuild using the settings buttons
- Download the unpackaged extension here: https://github.com/displayinline/envastats/downloads
- extract it to a folder on your computer
- In Chrome, open a new tab to chrome://chrome/extensions/ or go in the menu to Tools / Extensions
- If not checked yet, check the box next to Developer mode on top right
- Click the button to load an unpackaged extention
- Locate the folder of the extracted the extension
- Click Ok, and go to your Statement page
- Lean back, and enjoy
Keep in mind this is a side project, I can’t guarantee how fast I will be able to make it evolve and fix bugs, so if you are good at JS the best thing to do if you notice issues is to fork the project on Github and push your changes
Many ideas are taken from the following plugins, credits to their authors!
- Envato Currency Converter
- Envato Sales Notification
- Pixelentity Statement Booster
- Statementer for Envato’s marketplaces
Licenced under the MIT License
Hope you’ll like it!
OMG , this looks so awesome! Definitely gonna try it out. Thanks
Installed. that looks pretty cool and provides some great info. thanks.
Installed, looks nice etc, but information about the paw and the rate is wrong for me
Nothing happens when I clicked at the Envastats icon on Chrome. Am I doing something wrong??
Actually, the Envastats icon in the toolbar does nothing, it is here only for future functions
About the paws and rate issue, I am going to check what may cause this. Did you try to rebuild the database using the settings menu on bottom right? Maybe this will force the extension to parse again the statement.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.