• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+2 more
T20 says

My item was rejected. Is it possible due to spoiled Display in the IE8 Is rejected.
http://7psd.freeiz.com/KeyNews/
I think it would be soft-rejected if it was because of IE8 . Check the email you got from TF, the reason for rejection is stated there.
No reason not mentioned just:
The overall design quality of your submission does not meet our standard requirements and should only be resubmitted after being significantly improved. Please browse our current library for examples of the quality levels we’re currently seeking.
I think, Themeforest review should’ve said a reason to reject my item …
Well that’s the usual response if they don’t think the theme is good enough for TF. If it was a few things they don’t like they would point them out.
Ok. Now, In your opinion, I work more on this template and upload again, or I designed a new template better than this ..?
5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

Google recently stopped supporting IE8 . Their reasoning is that they have always only supported one legacy browser, and now that IE10 is out, IE8 is two browsers behind.

I wish we could follow Google’s lead. I also have a feeling IE8 numbers are inflated because Microsoft stopped allowing updates to pirated versions of Windows.

590 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
CodeSwift says

Ok. Now, In your opinion, I work more on this template and upload again, or I designed a new template better than this ..?

Well i’m a developer so i can’t really give you the best opinion regarding web design, but in my opinion it’s not a bad design, work a few more days on it, try submitting again and if you get rejected again just cut your loses and start working on a new one.

Work a bit on typography as well. For example the content font size is too small.

But this topic is for compatibility of the items with IE8 , so this is off-topic. You can create a special topic to ask people for suggestions.

158 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
greenshady says

The one and only theme I’ve uploaded here doesn’t support IE8 . It may work, but I’m not sure how it looks in IE8 because I’ve never checked it. I personally only support two versions of IE at any given time with my themes and those are currently IE9 and IE10 .

What’s the point of the checkboxes of supported browsers if support is required when uploading a theme here on TF?

Also, the stats the OP posted earlier are way off based on other stats I’ve seen.

5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

What’s the point of the checkboxes of supported browsers if support is required when uploading a theme here on TF?

The “compatible with” list could use some work. The last time I uploaded, the latest version of Firefox that could be selected was 4, but just upgraded FF to 17 the other day.

I’d also love to see IOS and Android added to the list. Most of us are testing in these environments, and customers ask about them way more than legacy IE.

689 posts Theme20.com
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+2 more
T20 says

Well i’m a developer so i can’t really give you the best opinion regarding web design, but in my opinion it’s not a bad design, work a few more days on it, try submitting again and if you get rejected again just cut your loses and start working on a new one.

Work a bit on typography as well. For example the content font size is too small.

But this topic is for compatibility of the items with IE8 , so this is off-topic. You can create a special topic to ask people for suggestions.

Thanks for your help :) i working on this template, and submit again, In the coming days :)

40 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sri Lanka
SkinGen says

do you still require IE8 support in themes??

5164 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Old thread. Locking to avoid confusion :)

by
by
by
by
by
by