How you think in what its secret of success?
Great songs, great lyrics, great sense of marketplace, great promotion, great style of music, great talent, not alluding to be someone else, developed own “sound”, great identity.
Basically just GREAT!
What Graham said. I would add great strategic vision and, most importantly, great work ethic.
Agreed. Even though he obviously has pure raw talent, Its also obvious the man works very hard. A couple of other things would also be:
1. Innovate – especially in areas that are not as popular as others. eg tracks with vocals.
2. Complete Consumer Focus – every aspect of the business, from the artwork to the tracks themselves is appealing to the buyers.
I certainly need to get better at both of these things.
Another thing we must remember, is take a look at how long Tim has been here. Year(S) plural. Those who are the first to brave things, always deserve that little extra when it works. That is one of those facts of life. Risk is risky, but when you tread the first snow, and find the gold mine first … If I have read correct, most of the top sellers have been here for a WHILE!
I predict the artistic renaissance on the internet is just going to get better especially now that the human factor has been added back into it … I think, and hope.
Also, I listened to a few of Tim’s tracks and it sounds like he put the customer first in many instances. Rather than doing a dark, moody, personal singer songwriter, this is me thing, he seems to have done a great job of figuring out what that Videographer needs for their production which is this interesting mix of VERY high quality mixes, but with music that doesn’t overshadow the video or presentation?
Quality and customer priority seem to be logically top factors here, and even though I’ve been rejected once, so far, I still prefer that an actual human is listening to the works, wow.
His first step in his success was his birth.
Despite being talented, which he is, and producing high quality tracks, I think he came to the right place at the right time. He had a sense of what people look for while browsing AJ and he delivered it – still does. Simple, yet so hard.
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Exclusive Author
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Has been a member for 1-2 years
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- Referred between 50 and 99 users
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog