53 posts Master of the Internets
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chendo says

Hey all,

We’ve updated the item upload forms (both new item upload and item update upload) as well as portfolio upload form to be asynchronous. Previously, if one were to upload an item or portfolio with large (300MB and up) attachments, you would sometimes get the dreaded “405 Method Not Allowed” error. This update pushes the processing for the update into the background, thus prevents that error from occurring.

Please let us know if you still get the “405 Method Not Allowed” issue.

3091 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

:)

Sweet. Yep that Method Not Allowed from Ubuntu was a common sight, haven’t seen it recently though, hopefully it’s gone for good!

1460 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

These small improvements are adding up. Great job dev team!

8266 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

:)

Sweet. Yep that Method Not Allowed from Ubuntu was a common sight, haven’t seen it recently though, hopefully it’s gone for good!

lol! :D

2173 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

I’ve noticed some changes a few days ago. I thought I should mention this, as I think it might be related: a few days ago I had a file soft-rejected because of preview image. I fixed it and uploaded (via ftp) and when I went to the upload form via Firefox to update my hidden item, after pressing “Submit” button, I was redirected to a blank page and although update went through, it didn’t contain my updated file. Later I tried it via Chrome and it worked well.

• Located in Australia
+2 more
chendo says

I’ve noticed some changes a few days ago. I thought I should mention this, as I think it might be related: a few days ago I had a file soft-rejected because of preview image. I fixed it and uploaded (via ftp) and when I went to the upload form via Firefox to update my hidden item, after pressing “Submit” button, I was redirected to a blank page and although update went through, it didn’t contain my updated file. Later I tried it via Chrome and it worked well.

When exactly? We turned it on for everyone about 12pm on Friday (GMT+10) after a day of rolling it out to ~10% of authors. We had some teething issues initially but ironed them out by around 2pm.

2173 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

When exactly? We turned it on for everyone about 12pm on Friday (GMT+10) after a day of rolling it out to ~10% of authors. We had some teething issues initially but ironed them out by around 2pm.

Hi, Chendo. Sorry for late response. I just checked my emails. It happened on 3rd May, a few minutes after 3:20 PM. And then again a few minutes after at 3:40 PM (yes, it took me two attempts to switch from Firefox to Chrome and succeed :) ). Timezone is UTC+1

I can also probably find the URL that was shown in Firefox on the blank page, if you need that info as well? Something with suffix “job_id=....”, something like that.

• Located in Australia
+2 more
chendo says

Hi, Chendo. Sorry for late response. I just checked my emails. It happened on 3rd May, a few minutes after 3:20 PM. And then again a few minutes after at 3:40 PM (yes, it took me two attempts to switch from Firefox to Chrome and succeed :) ). Timezone is UTC+1

I can also probably find the URL that was shown in Firefox on the blank page, if you need that info as well? Something with suffix “job_id=....”, something like that.

The job_id would make my life a lot easier if you have that :)

2173 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

The job_id would make my life a lot easier if you have that :)

Found it in item’s history :)
This is the full url: http://videohive.net/item/sunset-with-tropical-clouds-time-lapse/4616828/item_updates/resubmit?job_id=c19de158-1660-4064-adfa-f32b154f2287 that was kept in Firefox address bar after clicking the “Submit” button upon item update and being forwarded to a blank page. Just to mention it once again: this happened twice in Firefox, and then third time I’ve used Chrome and it worked as it is supposed to, update went through. (this particular url is after the second attempt in FF)

2173 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

@chendo: any chance this change is affecting the way portfolio pages are loaded? Since a few days ago (I don’t know when, exactly) I’ve noticed significantly slower loading of my own portfolio pages (all marketplaces), in both Chrome and Firefox, but ONLY when I’m logged in. When I’m logged out, it works instantly. (I tried clearing cache and cookies but nothing changed)

by
by
by
by
by
by