5389 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

So recently we had a TF author develop a WordPress version of one of our HTML templates. This author, as well as my partner, both used Payoneer, so I thought I’d go ahead and order a card so dividing up the payments would be easy. After all, Payoneer advertises that card-holders can transfer money to another Payoneer card easily. Unfortunately, this isn’t true…

I’ve never used my card, and apparently I have to make a withdrawal from my marketplace earnings BEFORE I’m able to receive “private” payments:

http://community.payoneer.com/topic/1314-private-loads-are-not-supported-for-this-card/

So just a warning to anyone who plans to use Payoneer. I guess they do this to make sure accounts are valid or whatever, but clearly there’s a huge loophole if you want to use Payoneer in the way I intended to use it.

Now how much do I need to withdraw to my Payoneer card next month from my marketplace earnings in order to “activate” “private transfers”? I have no idea. And to add insult to injury, it appears that “private transfers” have a $300 limit.

2662 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+19 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Man, I had the same issue as I was intending to use payoneer for freelance gigs directly, avoiding paypal, as an alternative to wire-transfers.

I actually had my account frozen due to inactivity and that brought me to their support that requested I charge the account from Envato (the actual Payoneer partner, due to which you actually gain access to a card). Upon completing the withdrawal from my Envato balance, the card was activated, and the option to receive funds via direct card loading was enabled. I did this with the minimum 50$. It’s indeed for verification purposes… and after all the card also features “Envato” written on it, so it would be only logical that the primary usage should be from retrieving Envato funds…

Is it uncomfortable ? Yes. Is it bad business? No. It’s just a little hidden bit of information that should be plastered all over their ads as well, among the other useful bits. But then again, seeing as Nissim is around here most of the time I am sure this shall become a priority soon :)

p.s: the limit for private transfers under my account states “1000$” (Amount to load: Max 1000$) Furthermore, to quote Nissim on the link you provided : “Your account can receive private loads of up to $300 total, after which you will need to receive a partner/US Payment Service transfer in order to increase the limit.” (hence my 1000$ limit)

7794 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

Yes. Is it bad business?

Looks like bad business to me.

+19 more

Yes. Is it bad business?

Yet the world is still spinning. :)

There are a lot of things one can be nitpicky about, but this just feels somewhat overkill. I am all for grabbing pitchforkes and such, but would rather be a bit more positive in the hopes that improvement might come.

Alas, to each their own… :D

7794 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

Yes. Is it bad business?

There are a lot of things one can be nitpicky about, but this just feels somewhat overkill. I am all for grabbing pitchforkes and such, but would rather be a bit more positive in the hopes that improvement might come.

You misunderstood me.

+19 more

Yes. Is it bad business?

You misunderstood me.

In that case, I’m open and eager for clarification, and you have my sincerest apologies :)

1331 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

I was planning to start using Payoneer in March, but seeing this I will definitely avoid it. Such a pity that you have to withdrawl earnings before receiving ‘private’ payments, and the $300 limit must be a bad joke.

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

It’s not for everyone, if you play with small money $20-$100 you are wasting your time with this card as there is some bomb commission and the $300 is a limit for 5 years old doing business , but if you are active with money there above $300-$500+++ a month then it’s a great solution, still PayPal is cheaper but i think only US resident can get a PayPal card

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

Do you know what happens when the card expires? Do I need to request a new one or is it done automatically?

460 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United States
Nissim_Payoneer says

Hi Guys,

A few topics I wanted to address here.

So recently we had a TF author develop a WordPress version of one of our HTML templates. This author, as well as my partner, both used Payoneer, so I thought I’d go ahead and order a card so dividing up the payments would be easy. After all, Payoneer advertises that card-holders can transfer money to another Payoneer card easily.

It sounds like there is a confusion here regarding two separate services that Payoneer offers cardholders.

1) For any partner program that supports it (Envato for example does support it) Payoneer allows you to transfer funds from your Payoneer card to another Payoneer card. This card to card transfer service is done directly via your My Account page at Payoneer.com. It’s free to send funds to another Payoneer cardholder, and the transfer is processed within 2 hours.

The service has a limit to the amount that you can transfer and receive each month (which is listed in your My Account page and is well above $300). Also, both the sender and recipient need to have received at least (1) payout to their Payoneer cards. There is no requirement to the amount of the payment, the restriction is simply to confirm that both cards are valid and linked to a partner of ours.

2) In addition, we offer cardholders a “Private Load Service” that allows them to receive direct payments from 3rd parties to their card, via Visa, MasterCard, JCB or Discover. This service does have limits and restrictions involved, and generally intended for you to be able to receive payments from friends and family, and also from people that you work with routinely.
__

For receiving payments from Envato, or from any of the thousands of companies we work with, there is no limit. We provide you with several methods to receive your funds, which include:

- Payments to the Payoneer Prepaid Debit Card
- Payments directly to your bank account, available to over 200 countries and in more than 50 currencies

As a fully regulated US company, Payoneer strictly adheres to all applicable online payment regulations. Our goal is to provide you with the best global payout solutions available, while at the same time ensuring the highest level of financial security. We do understand that there is a fine line between security procedures and unnecessary inconvenience, and we do our best to make sure that all procedures and requirements meet with this logic.

Do you know what happens when the card expires? Do I need to request a new one or is it done automatically?

A couple months prior to your card’s expiration date, we will contact you with instructions on how to receive a new card. While the new card is being shipped, your current card will remain active so that there is no downtime experienced on your end. Once you receive and activate the new card, the old card will then be automatically cancelled and all available account balances will be transferred to the new card.

I’d be happy to answer any specific questions you have about Payoneer and the services we provide.

Nissim | Payoneer Community Manager | payoneer.com

by
by
by
by
by
by