• Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+13 more
scottwills Staff says

Adding a list of keywords to your file description is no longer allowed, please see the announcement:

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/we-are-no-longer-allowing-keywords-in-file-descriptions/25471

Please make sure you take full advantage of our tagging feature that allows you to add 15 tags/keywords to your file. Any submissions we receive with a list of keywords in the file description will be rejected and you will be asked to resubmit your item. This policy change will take place with immediate effect.

Thank you for your co-operation.

412 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+7 more
NikiN Reviewer says

and is there still the 15 tags limit, I think it’s 15 combined, instruments and moods… that’s not a lot

2715 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+3 more
DanielKeller says
and is there still the 15 tags limit, I think it’s 15 combined, instruments and moods… that’s not a lot

I agree… many people say the same, as well as me, I mean now without any keywords we have only 15 tags, 15 words to describe your work… that must be a simple file :P

just my opinion

2519 posts Marketplace Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+13 more
scottwills Staff says

Yes, we still allow 15 tags. The reasoning behind that is we’d be back to the file description issue where some authors might want to add 60+ tags, most of which are irrelevant. 15 should give you plenty to describe your music, still make it relevant, and keep anyone from abusing the system with irrelevant or excessive keywords.

Don’t forget that you can still describe your work in sentences in the file description. That’s the whole point of the file description. :)

76 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
soundroll-music says
Yes, we still allow 15 tags. The reasoning behind that is we’d be back to the file description issue where some authors might want to add 60+ tags, most of which are irrelevant. 15 should give you plenty to describe your music, still make it relevant, and keep anyone from abusing the system with irrelevant or excessive keywords. Don’t forget that you can still describe your work in sentences in the file description. That’s the whole point of the file description. :)

15 tags for both – instruments and genre – is very limited and it is not enough to describe the file. Maybe the system will search faster, but the results will show much more files. the more files shown on search result page, the more difficult for buyers to find what they look for.

Also, English is not my native language (and I am not the only one) and it is very difficult for me to describe the file in senteces.

I suggest to allow us, the authors, to fill more tags, at least on the genre category. The instrument category is not so important like the genre.

1103 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+2 more
SonicCube says
Yes, we still allow 15 tags. The reasoning behind that is we’d be back to the file description issue where some authors might want to add 60+ tags, most of which are irrelevant. 15 should give you plenty to describe your music, still make it relevant, and keep anyone from abusing the system with irrelevant or excessive keywords. Don’t forget that you can still describe your work in sentences in the file description. That’s the whole point of the file description. :)

15 tags for both – instruments and genre – is very limited and it is not enough to describe the file. Maybe the system will search faster, but the results will show much more files. the more files shown on search result page, the more difficult for buyers to find what they look for.

Also, English is not my native language (and I am not the only one) and it is very difficult for me to describe the file in senteces.

I suggest to allow us, the authors, to fill more tags, at least on the genre category. The instrument category is not so important like the genre.

+1

Same here, my english is not the best and therefore it’s sometimes really usefull to have at least enough keywords to describe the file. I think if it would be 15 tags for the genre itself, this would be fine ( as soundroll said ).

2519 posts Marketplace Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+13 more
scottwills Staff says

I don’t disagree with you, some more keywords might be helpful and who knows, maybe we will bump up the # of keywords in the future. But think about it this way for a moment: A customer will typically type 1, 2, maybe 3 keywords into the search field when they are looking for something. Let’s say they type “piano romantic”.

As long as you have “piano” and “romantic” in your keywords, you’ve done everything you can to tag your file correctly. Customers aren’t going to search on “piano romantic tuba lonely sad mournful percussion violins” to find what they are looking for. So in many ways, 15 keywords is MORE than enough to describe your music.

Simultaneously, you are forgetting that you can still incorporate important keywords into your description, no matter how good/bad you think your English is. (Your English sounds fantastic to me by the way!) :) Take a look at this:

Old way:

piano tuba lonely sad mournful pensive romantic film video

New way:

This is a romantic melody with slightly mournful undertones played almost entirely on the piano and accented with tuba. Somewhat sad and pensive, this piece of music is most suited towards film and video.

That doesn’t really take long to do and we’re not going to penalize anyone for poor English (unless it is totally incoherent). I also think this looks and sounds more professional to the customer than a list of 50+ keywords on a page.

2715 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+3 more
DanielKeller says
This is a romantic melody with slightly mournful undertones played almost entirely on the piano and accented with tuba. Somewhat sad and pensive, this piece of music is most suited towards film and video. That doesn’t really take long to do and we’re not going to penalize anyone for poor English (unless it is totally incoherent). I also think this looks and sounds more professional to the customer than a list of 50+ keywords on a page.

+1 I agree… but for me writing the description in that style was and still is a hard part when uploading a file

it’s like a poem or rhyme, and I’m bad at such things :D

378 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
+2 more
leto says

I agree with Scottwills. 15 keywords is enough.

739 posts kontramax.com
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Beta Tester
+11 more
Kontramax says

Is this rule work only on AudioJungle or its planned to accept it in any other envato sites?

by
by
by
by
by
by