We\’ve made a few important changes to our upload instructions that we need to bring to your attention. It\’s nothing too drastic, and probably won\’t affect to many of you, but we\’re rolling out these changes to prevent any possible abuse or gaming of the system.
Click here to see full post: http://blog.audiojungle.net/site-news/important-changes-clarifications-regarding-audio-uploads/
I love the remix idea Scott!
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
- Won a Competition
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Beta Tester
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Exclusive Author
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
awesome, the quality goes higher and higher, I like the changes
a few gray areas.
1. You should be more specific about the 90-60-30 second cuts. I agree that all slices of a song into shorter fragments or loops SHOULD be in one package, but every professional library out there (at least the high end ones) will have a song with 30 second versions, 60 second version etc. Soundroll does this on a few of his tracks the song is the same essentially but the opening and endings are handled differently, as well as some minor tweaks on the side.
This new rule will strongly discourage people from catering to specific needs since any extra effort to make GOOD and MEANINGFUL shorter versions will not really gain them more exposure or provide more sales. To boot many will consider this being overly unfair to themselves since prices are so cheap already to now offer collectively what most are charging bit by bit.
2. Since we are no longer allowed to submit more then 10 pieces what is being done about the collection rate that audio goes for (was something like 1-2 bucks a piece I think)? This pretty much ensures that no matter what you put in or any such way an audio author cannot break the $20 barrier. Or I guess even less whatever the exact current rate was for packs. Since there are so many packs hiding within the jungle I don’t know if Envato intends to do a price sweep on them.
I think the other changes are a great idea!
Maestro, organized, rational and logic, as I know him.
I think you underlined some good points here.