• Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+4 more
Carmen Staff says

Have you ever wondered if your page load time is affecting your sales? Page load time is a vital part of maximising sales online and we want to help you improve the performance of your item and profile pages.

This is why we’ve written a short article to help you manage your image performance better. You can read the full article on Notes. We hope these tips will help you sell more items and help grow your businesses into the future.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here! :)

718 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
+1 more
greenline says

Useful info.

I wonder if instead of linking (in each item description) to those marketing images hosted on our personal hosts, would be an idea to upload those images to Envato, together with the item, in the screenshots zip, in the upload process…This way the images we’ll be hosted on Envato servers and we can link to them in our item description…Is it allowed? Would this help the loading of the item’s page?

91 posts
  • Envato Developer
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
bensmithett Dev says

Useful info. I wonder if instead of linking (in each item description) to those marketing images hosted on our personal hosts, would be an idea to upload those images to Envato, together with the item, in the screenshots zip, in the upload process…This way the images we’ll be hosted on Envato servers and we can link to them in our item description…Is it allowed? Would this help the loading of the item’s page?

I wouldn’t recommend it. There’s certainly nothing stopping you right now if the images you’re uploading would otherwise be approved as legitimate screenshots by a reviewer.

That said, it’s a bit of a roundabout technique of getting images onto a faster server, plus not all item types can have screenshots uploaded.

Even if you can’t self-host your images anywhere faster, choosing the correct file format, optimising images & being conservative with the quantity of images you use will still have a big impact on your item page speed.

(Yes, it would absolutely be nice if we could host all images that authors put in item descriptions, but we’re not going down that path right now :) )

6761 posts
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

Sorry if I miss the answer if staff already posted in an other thread. Couple of months ago the devs were testing a cache service that took all those external photos, saved on a separate location, and then delivered them when it was needed.

Can someone point more info about this? Why was this idea abandoned, what problems created? Or maybe is not abandoned at all.

1387 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

The loading time of the CMS Themes sold on the Marketplaces is far more important issue. (for the end users’ viewers’ experience)
Some of them are almost loading for 20 seconds , some even more, while you only have seven seconds to capture a website visitor’s attention… (and that 7 seconds also include the loading time)

149 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
GraphiTivity says

i always process the PNG using tinypng.com it reduce the weight by almost half 50% less weight but still it end’s up being almost 1MB file since the webpage design is long…

37 posts
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Exclusive Author
fitwp says

Great! I’ve just tried FileOptimizer on Windows, it even can optimize PNG images after using Smush.it about 15%.

211 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Polarus_Sound says

Really helpful article Carmen. I have to watch the amount of pictures I post on my wall. Thank you

323 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
artnook says

I tested one online image-optimizer and see the results.
Very nice optimizer… ;)

\\

116 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
UniikMedia says

Photoshop > Save for Web & Devices. Voila.

by
by
by
by
by
by