90 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
comeero says

Today I got an email with a notice that someone is selling customized videos of my template on a very known website for $5. Obviously if he sells this video for $5 he is not buying a license every time he sells a video :-/ I can see he already sold 136 copies of that video (my template) and got user reviews like “Awesome outro for my company! Super professional and delivered exactly what was promised! Thank you :)” or “Awesome work!!! Wonderful job, and a quick turn time. Amazing!!!”

I started some digging and saw he also offers other videos from other VH template authors.

So two question. How can we take this guy down and how can we prevent that he opens a new account tomorrow and offers the same service?

This whole situation makes me sad and angry :-(

Thanks, Comeero

P.S. Should I post the username of this guy so that other author can check what else he is selling?

510 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
steve314 says

Report to Envato’s support and also report the user to that site’s support… (I just did it for one of my items and it’s already down)

492 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
DoubleX says

Happened to me too and not only once. Everytime I contacted the author on this website he cancelled the gig. Once I got apology message that he didn’t know about licenses and he thought he can do anything with my project.

1283 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

i know the site you’re referring to; you guys need to AGGRESSIVELY go after the ‘customizer’ places (and those on sites that’ll do anything for five bucks, including ripping off your templates and reselling modifications of them), or else you will lose LOTS of SALES that should have been yours.

If I were an author and saw this, I would not wait around for envato to take action, I would personally be sending DMCA notices to the site’s abuse/DMCA contact email, every time I saw it.

I send hundreds of DMCAs out to places that have pirate links to my content, it’s a pain in the butt but absolutely necessary, or else all your content gets passed around freely or low-cost unlicensed on the internet, and your work is for nothing. do NOT let this trend continue. Aggressively SEND DMCA NOTICES EVERY TIME to every site, and monitor/police your content.

Here’s how: Step #1: Keep an eye on the ‘category’ for that site that would have people offering to sell modded versions of your template illegally, and check it every 2-3 days. Step #2: Set persistent google alerts (google ‘google alerts’) using keywords from your template, to notify you when google finds that (though often they don’t use the same template name) Step #3: Send DMCA notices every time you find an infringement.

I can’t emphasize how important this is. I’ve seen entire businesses wiped out, sales-wise, because they failed to police their content online, and wonder why nobody buys their stuff anymore.

61 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
Creative-Medias says

Report to Envato’s support

I don’t think Envato will take any action. Could you please send me the link?

437 posts butlerm.com
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
butlerm says
If I were an author and saw this, I would not wait around for envato to take action, I would personally be sending DMCA notices to the site’s abuse/DMCA contact email, every time I saw it.
100% agree! I send out 5-25 every week
704 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
3dbacks says

:)

100% agree! I send out 5-25 every week
90 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+3 more
comeero says

I just checked the category of this website and saw tons of VH templates there. Jesus!

And then on the website itself I read sentences like this:

“At [website], user information is always kept private and secure, our users can choose to remain anonymous even when paying or getting paid.”

This obviously opens the door for illegal actions like this. That’s a shame.

But thank you guys for your support. I already sent DMCA notice.

44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
simlos says

can you send me the link plz

6 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
mfhenry says

Just contact the website team and they will have them removed. you have to provide them with proof that the original project is yours. I’ve had to do it dozens of times. The only way to fight it is to check that site on a regular basis. I try to inform as many videohive authors as I can that their work is being ripped off. 99% of the “video customization” services on that site are ripped off from videohive. Makes me sick.

by
by
by
by
by
by