263 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
SkyProductions says

....because its the slow season. May, June, July, and August are the slowest months with May being the worst of the year.

So keep making music and pushing through. By next May you will have a lot more tracks and a lot more sales.

-Sky

Here is a video to keep the spirits high :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFmFm7N7M0o
668 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

lmao.

200 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
LGuitarB says

Well, I had four sales in the first six days of May, so I’m not complaining :-)

579 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says

LOL , video was pretty messed up, they were getting into it.

1004 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

May, June, July, and August are the slowest months with May being the worst of the year.
I’ve been wondering if this was a generally accepted rule here on AJ, as I’m still a bit of a newbie.

I’ve been here almost 2 months now and have sold consistently since I started, with especially good sales on one of my corporate tracks. But as soon as May hit, sales have come to a grinding halt with no rhyme or reason, almost as if my music has completely dropped off the radar.

Would be interesting from a business perspective to find out some of the main reasons why this would happen, eg. people on vacation, school holidays, etc. – a couple that jump to mind.

Either I should step up my game here, or just become a lip balm tester ;)

839 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
gbiasillo says

Ye,s it would be great if the longer term members could post their results for the past couple of years. Percentages are fine – just to give a idea of % sales per month. Envato should have these stats for the whole AJ marketplace – maybe they could (or do?) provide this information?

For me, I been running an experiment to see how sales are affected by not uploading any items. My last item was approved 2 weeks ago of which I sold 3 in the first week (which was the last week in April) and again 3 in next week (May). So for me, where I’m averaging 7 per month, not uploading hasn’t had any affect on my sales, and May seems to be good so far.

748 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
guitarjock says

I joined AJ about this time last year and didn’t sell for the first two months. Of course I didn’t upload right away either…lol. So unfortunately, I can’t tell you how the next two months go. I can say that I had great sales considering being a newbie during the months of June, July, August, September, October, and November. December was the big bad month, in which I had only one sale, which surprisingly enough was a Christmas themed Cinematic track.

After December, things really picked up, until this month. But I am holding out hope. I just did a major overhaul on my profile, and have started some heavy promotions lately, so we will have to see how things go this month.

Here’s wishing you luck with your sales!

572 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
tacoMusic says

That video reminds me of an ex-girlfriend, the monkey that is. Didn’t last long!

@Gari and @AlumoAudio, we’ve had the same sort of response here i.e. a bit of a halt around the end of April / beginning of May, but that overall sales aren’t really being affected by how many uploads in general.

Here’s some stats stuff to look at from our account (we only count since Jan this year as we left the account dormant for around 3 years! Granted, it’s a pretty small sample set, but clickthroughs from non-registered users (which probably come from Twitter as that’s the main promotional work we’ve been doing) seems to have had a fair influence on sales, which is good as obviously we’re selling something that people are actually willing to buy(!).

--------
  • January 2012
  • 14 Sales
  • 27 Clickthroughs
--------
  • February 2012
  • 20 Sales
  • 190 Clickthroughs
--------
  • March 2012
  • 18 Sales
  • 97 Clickthroughs (we didn’t do any promotional stuff this month)
--------
  • April 2012
  • 35 Sales
  • 399 Clickthroughs (went for it last month on Twitter)
--------
168 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
Skanoir says

Lol, nice video!

263 posts
+3 more
SkyProductions says

Taco how do you tally up the click throughs? Do you go into analytics and click on each individual track and add it all up? Or is there an easier way to get the total number?

by
by
by
by
by
by