4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

I did not get a lot of sales with this galleries but I am sure I will in the .

This is why i will never dirty my hand with this on the canvas on CC market, and as you say or hope for the poplar of the canvas when it come ,and as soon as that day will come you will see way to many gallery base on canvas as open source, something that we never had to handle with flash … logic…..

You want to make money on the canvas? Make open source with Mit license for html and WP once you have 500000 download on youR next version change the license and add 1 time charge and you will be a rich man in no time :D logic :P

206 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
FWDesign says

This is not made with canvas! It is made with regular divs and css3… canvas is really slow on mobile it can’t be used yet, there are some video demos below to see how it runs on ipad3, basically they run at 60fps in the end Jobs was right flash is slow and the flash developer team is(was) lazy! I hate to say this but he was right!

Keep an opened mind do not say no if you did not tried it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYbGOs6wTuc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYBnT_b0uAY
4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Call it canvas ,js ,css3,html5 same thing .

From what I see the more complex you go the less sells you have …as the integration is a pain for many and most of our sell been done by novice user+ .

Also no need to shove me links…I know your work bro` :P I can smell it from miles away ,you rescale your hot modals all the time :P

206 posts
  • Won a competition
+6 more
FWDesign says

I do not agree with you canvas is not the same thing with css3, actually they are totally different as for the sales I am patient, in the mean time I gain experience and I learn new things for the future because like it or not if you want to be a web developer javascript/css3/canvas is the only way, you can try php and other stuff but if you want to code different and creative like we used to do with flash you need to start learning js/css3/canvas …

One more thing the integration is easier then it used to be with flash, i guess the market is not ready yet but it will be at some point.

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

^I rarely work with flash in the last 6 month and everything for me is around html bla bla .

I love to make complex things via coding but with js/css3 bla bla i am just wasting my time on the selling here since really you can get everything via open source, fallow the biggest company on this sector, take wiz as example with flash or html5 template they do there 0 coding everything is open source and they make millions ,shocking for me if you ask i have nothing to offer on the CC market that can differentiate me there , the key today and that’s the way i am seeing thing to vastly yourself here on the envato market is mostly with design and keep thing simple .

Support on HTML /WP template here 80% if you ask me is due to integration or novice Q .

Bottom lines making an HTML /5 template you really don’t need to be a great coder, things are changing.

Don’t get my wrong i fallow many shifter from here and see what they are doing, many coder just skip the CC market mostly due to the market price value and jump to TF.

I also look at your new submission there when you start or Rim file that in my eyes are 1 step above everyone there in skills so i understand your point there regarding sells there.

So i say ok she is a hot blond lady that smoke Angelina Jolie in look, but she is sad ,you ask here why you are so sad ? you look way better then everyone, she tell you i know that my problem i don’t get laid (she meant no sell`s ) :P

206 posts
  • Won a competition
+6 more
FWDesign says

I mostly agree with you but to make something different and cool you need to have great codding skills, at some point this will matter for now most of the web is still bound to IE8 but this will be history too so I want to be prepared for the future, everybody can chose what he things is best for him but HTML5 is here to stay this is for sure!

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

for now most of the web is still bound to IE8 but this will be history too
Tell it to my mom, when i upgrade here ie7 to ie8 she said i have ruin here computer, i think she will use ie8 forever, just the thought upgrading here ie8 to ie9 jeopardize my life :P
206 posts
  • Won a competition
+6 more
FWDesign says

Take a look at the ie market share in July you will be surprised http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Things are changing fast I doubt you mom will ever be a potential client if she is still using windows xp and ie8 no offence so it really dose not matter:)

8271 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

Take a look at the ie market share in July you will be surprised http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp Things are changing fast I doubt you mom will ever be a potential client if she is still using windows xp and ie8 no offence so it really dose not matter:)

you can never quote w3 browser stats since only devs visit that site so it’s completely unrealistic…

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

I doubt you mom will ever be a potential client if she is still using windows xp and ie8 no offence so it really dose not matter:)
You be surprise my mom she is cool , when i turn 30 i discover to my shocking knowledge she is a weed smoker i guess she was once a flower girl or something :P

on topic she is an artist, and last month she decide she want a website so she call me, i said WOW you want a website? (I mean she can’t figure how the mouse is been operate yet :P ) ,I told her mom I’ll do whatever you want …big mistake man! After 2 weeks with crazy demand i told her mom you know what since we are relative and i am a busy guy let me send you to one of my studio`s i work with, and you can talk with the head designer there, after 2 days she call me and say i close a deal with your friend on a new website so i said what the F* you approve the website without talking to me ? she said i am very pleased with the sketch they did for me ..so i said OK anything that make you happy mom ….ho and mom what the cost ? she told me cos` you guys are friend he gave me a discount ,so the total was $2100 i said OK sound reasonable but just let me look at what they are doing and approve it before they start …she say ho no problem i wouldn’t ask less…..since i told your friend you will pay for it …i say what the F** I NEED TO PAY FOR IT ? why? cos it’s your friend… i told myself ho man … OK mom let me just approve it first .

I call here after one hour i told her mom its look great price is OK but i can do it for you in a week and for free,so she tell me its already free no? I don’t pay for it … i said yes i know :P…but mom 1 problem they use new technology it’s not going to look the same on your computer (ie8) like the sketch…..she say why? I told her mom it’s too complicate to explain …she say but we pay lots of money for it no? I say you mean i will pay lots of money for it :P then she say just forget about it i have a headache…

Now if i wasn’t an atheist ill probably will thank God by now :P

by
by
by
by
by
by