164 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Belgium
Pianojungle says

Hey guys, after a long break I’ve made a new track to release on audiojungle. When I started on AJ I didn’t really take it serious but now I really want to go for it. That’s why I need your help guys. Please give me your opinion about my new track. Please be honest and tell me what you should change. http://soundcloud.com/pianojungle/long-road-to-succes

38 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Noise-n-Music says

Good mix, man! In my opinion you should think about the form of the composition as a whole. Too many repeats. But sound is really good.

205 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
TJMusic says

There is one particular flaw in programming of this track. It sounds like all notes were played with the same velocity! This applies to all major sounds in the beginning of the track. The piano, the cymbal and even the guitar sound too flat. I don’t know if they are just programmed without velocity, or the compression ratio applied on the individual tracks is too high, but they sound like played by a computer, with not enough dynamics.

When I heard the entry of the guitar and drums about 0:18 I’ve realised that you’ve composited an awesomely dynamic track, but the way it’s programmed/mixed makes a negative impression of a cheap DAW -based production. Add some life to it, and make it sound not like DAW , but like a real rock band playing! Good luck, I’m sure you’ll make it great :)

Just take care no 2 notes are played on exactly the same volume level. And listen to this track on low volume when mixing and mastering – the level of emotional power contained in the music forces to listening to it with very high volume, but you have to listen it on low volume too, in order to perceive the details needed to mix it right.

I’ve also got an impression that drums track is a split second to slow comparing to lead instruments. Take a good look at the waveforms in multitrack editor, if the attacks of the kick aren’t behind attacks of the piano.

243 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
Crian says

Hey Pianojungle!

I listened to your track, I really like the chordprogression and the combination of the instruments you used, this really could be a Rock/Pop-Hit being played on the radio. :) I like it, keep on producing, you are talented!

Crian

164 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Belgium
Pianojungle says
my file is now online, I did not change that much but really thank you for your opinion http://audiojungle.net/item/the-road-to-success/2728628 (feel free to still give your opinion about the track)
243 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
Crian says

Congratulations! Even 2 purchases, great :) Happy for you :)

by
by
by
by
by
by