5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Doesnt appear that anything will make you happy. Shut the window on the way out.

809 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
matu says

Doesnt appear that anything will make you happy. Shut the window on the way out.

Ah now there is no need to be like that, he is just viewing his opinion and as a customer he has the right to do so if he is not happy with the service. no need to make his experience worse with comments like that.

6029 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

^ +1 when the buyers try to speak with staff, let us allow it to happen instead of diverting the feedback.

5492 posts
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

If somone steals my car, i goto the police. I dont canvas opinion from the general public.

Simple protocol, theres far too much flaming and trolling of authors publically on the forums.

6029 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

^ It is not like stolen car. Car vanished in front of buyer’s eyes, so probably right staff may explain better than us, may be through support. Making anyone angry is not a solution, being silent is the best tool.

I see the word ‘troll’ started being used to point every unpleasant feedback on forums. If that is the case, authors have to call half of their item comment as troll.

5492 posts
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

Thats a fair point @vf i agree.

Until envato, can also incorporate item comments with our forum comments, and cross reference them and do oodles of other semantic and basic features, i guess the Op feels justified.

But a quick shout to envato support, outlining and detailing the issue is usually enough.

7646 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

The author doesn’t reply to buyer never? The plugin is bad?

we have two completely separate issues here and is a mistake to mix them. is not always clear, but the authors are not required to answer or even exchange one single word with the buyers.

So if you are ask something and the author doesn’t answer, he is not breaking any rules. Also, just for clarity, author and envato are two different things. We are not working for envato we are just publishing our items on this marketplace. We can’t issue a refund.

But if you purchase something and it doesn’t work as advertised you will get your money back. This is simple to do, just contact the ( only ) official support at this link http://support.envato.com/

SelfPublishServices
SelfPublishServices Recent Posts Threads Started
473 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
SelfPublishServices says

Support is the place for this, but the point that hasn’t been made is that it may not have been Envato that removed the item, so they wouldn’t know that it was removed due to a problem.

26 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
RafaelMota says

Thank you all for your opinion.

I expect my opinion to be respected and not distorted.

I dont agree with Envato rules regarding this issues.

“This is why we strongly encourage users to download their files immediately after purchase and to store the originals in a safe place for future access. If you’re having problems with a file which is no longer available for download then see below if you are eligible for a refund. Am I eligible for a refund?

Envato does have a refund policy surrounding removed files, and we will gladly honor it provided that one of the following two critera is met:

The file was removed within five days of your initial purchase.
You have never downloaded the file.

As always, if the file does not work as described, is corrupt or contains bugs and we can verify this, we will offer a full refund of the purchase cost. To submit a refund claim, please contact Support. Please only contact Support for a refund if you meet the above criteria.”

So, we have 2 criteria : The file was removed within five days of your initial purchase or You have never downloaded the file. – “we will gladly honor it provided that one of the following two critera is met”

None of this criteria is my case

doru said : “but the authors are not required to answer or even exchange one single word with the buyers.”

except when it’s in theyr interest…..

Envato is astrange world where everyone is selling, happy people…but when somethings wrong …is to the buyer all the onus of getting the money back. Then no one has to talk with us , market or authors. Lets sell somethinh we are not sure that will work and if not let’s take it out of the market. What the hell, the author could even remove the plugin without noticing envato ? what a strange bussiness….not for me.

10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
davidgoodland says

I agree with Moonworks – it’s possible that the author, after recieving questions or complaints, removed the item instead of dealing with the buyers’ issues. If this is what happened then you’d need to let Envato know about it. You can’t expect them to act on something they have no knowledge of.

In the case of files that don’t work, I’m sure getting a refund wouldn’t be difficult, but, as others have said, you’d just need to get in touch with support and explain the situation.

by
by
by
by
by
by