• Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Argentina
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

Hi guys, this is not another post about “another author that complains about low sales again…”, is really not, but I need your help to let me understand what is wrong here:

I been on AudioJungle as an author for more than 4 years, and I already get almost all badges every author can achieve here (except the cool paws of course), like ‘featured author’, ‘featured song’, ‘Interview’, ‘podcast’, etc, etc…

• I’ve published 87 full songs, in several genres and moods, ranging from electro-tango to classical, or even crazy pop songs with monk vocals.
  • I promoted myself a lot on social networks, have my FB page, my personal web page, soundcloud, etc to promote my music.
  • I actively participate on the forums and manage to reach some VH authors that uses my music on their projects.
  • I have great overall ratings and critics from other authors and buyers.

So, I suppose with all of the above I should be at least a bit more successful than this. But in all this years I just manage to get close to 500 sales in total… Also, I notice everyday that some ‘new authors’ get hundreds of sales in just a few months, and I don’t see much difference between their music and mine that justify this.

Ok, this is not my main job, so I barely could create and upload a song or two per month, I know that is a weak point, but is this then the only thing that matters here ? Upload like a crazy and you’ll be successful ? I refuse to believe that…

I don’t know, may be my music is good but is not commercial enough…yes, I tried to avoid the “ukulele syndrome” (no offense), so I always try to differentiate myself doing the most original music I can to avoid fall in the obvious thing every time and get my own niche, but I think is still very cool music for any kind of projects (if not AJ reviewers never will approved my songs right?)

So, I’m lost here, every month I get almost the same amount of sales/earnings no matter what, so if anyone can drop me a line here based on your own experiences here, something that change your sales that can help me, I’ll be grateful..

Thanks for reading this.
Rodrigo (sonicbyte)

50 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Iceland
Karisigurd4 says

Hey, I took a look at your portfolio and your music sounds professional and commercial, really good stuff! I’m absolutely stunned that you haven’t been far more successful in your four years here.

1401 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

You kind of answered your own question. It seems the authors that are uploading more often are exposed to the front page more, so more people will see their entire portfolio.

766 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
petrenj says

Upload like a crazy and you’ll be successful ? I refuse to believe that…

Unfortunately, I think this is the answer on your question :/ Im here, on AJ little bit more than one year and I have in this moment 146 songs.Im not fan, too, of that insane uploading, but I get some feeling, If I stop with uploading new songs that often, my sales will drop drastically. So, if you want to change something about your situation, on better of course :) try, to upload more songs.

Best regards

1042 posts
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

Thanks for your answers. I think is really sad that the only important thing here is quantity and not quality….

Best to all

1 post
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
joyswebbiz says

The problem is not with your music but with how you market yourself online. It has a lot to do with the search engines and how people find you. I have learnt a little about internet marketing, and the success rule is, post everyday for ninety days and you will start to see amazing results. Set up a blog and talk about your music with links to your audios, and where people can buy them. Use popular keywords and learn about backlinks. I hope this will help you increase your sales. Good Luck!

1042 posts
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

The problem is not with your music but with how you market yourself online. It has a lot to do with the search engines and how people find you. I have learnt a little about internet marketing, and the success rule is, post everyday for ninety days and you will start to see amazing results. Set up a blog and talk about your music with links to your audios, and where people can buy them. Use popular keywords and learn about backlinks. I hope this will help you increase your sales. Good Luck!

Yes I know, in fact I really move comfortably ok on that matter, my main job is as front-end developer so I know how seo and marketing works pretty well, but of course I probably do something wrong… besides the low rate upload of monthly songs.

Thanks

1550 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

Hi Rodrigo,

I like your music and i’t a pitty to see that you don’t have much exposure/sales.

Let me try to do one thing for you. I just changed template for my videohive items and now it has place for kind of monthly featured author and you are the first one. :-) So banner about you with the link to your portfolio is now included into each of my item and profile page. I don’t know if it will help but at least I have 328 videohive items and 200-300 daily page views in total so hope it will bring some additional attention to your portfolio.

Good luck friend!

Best Regards, Andrey

1042 posts
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

Hi Andrey, thanks you very much for this!! it’s very very kind from you and I really appreciate it. I will do the same for you asap adding a banner from your in exchange for this. Hope it helps in some way to you too.

Thanks again Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo,

I like your music and i’t a pitty to see that you don’t have much exposure/sales.

Let me try to do one thing for you. I just changed template for my videohive items and now it has place for kind of monthly featured author and you are the first one. :-) So banner about you with the link to your portfolio is now included into each of my item and profile page. I don’t know if it will help but at least I have 328 videohive items and 200-300 daily page views in total so hope it will bring some additional attention to your portfolio.

Good luck friend!

Best Regards, Andrey
6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
parmenides says

Hi Rodrigo,

Good luck friend!

Best Regards, Andrey
You are a great man. Best of luck to you both.
by
by
by
by
by
by