4128 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Pay a good JavaScript developer that’s not a loan shark to develop a similar plugin for you! :) Problem solved elegantly! Then simply update your files and tell him to keep his BSD thing :)

1989 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
bitfade says

Kuba for your existing file just show the man a finger ,and move on bro and stop working with the script for any new project but that’s just me saying this .
that’s also my point.

the original author have no rights to ask money for what is already done: he released code under MIT and anyone using it rightfully assumed he was cool with it, including commercial usage.

But from now on, everyone knows he’s not.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Elite Author
+4 more
RimmonTrieu Reviewer says

One good thing about open source and why coders put them a lot on source code repository like github is it encourages others to download, share, develop, improve and contribute back to the original project. MIT makes the process seamlessly since you have absolutely no restriction over the source and that was the intention of original author.

I hope everyone give more thoughts about that and put yourself into position of him. Personally I have mad respect for brilliant coders and their contributions to open source community. The script is absolutely unique in html5 world.

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Kuba for your existing file just show the man a finger ,and move on bro and stop working with the script for any new project but that’s just me saying this .
that’s also my point.

the original author have no rights to ask money for what is already done: he released code under MIT and anyone using it rightfully assumed he was cool with it, including commercial usage.

+1, This is what should be considered seriously. The guy who made the core work deserves atleast some basic level respect from users.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Elite Author
+4 more
RimmonTrieu Reviewer says

+1, This is what should be considered seriously. The guy who made the core work deserves atleast some basic level respect from users.

Exactly, no one cares if the script is just another 2d carousel, image transition, scrolling effect, etc. It’s paper flipping and there were a lot of thoughts put into that. html5 canvas API is really low level comparing to even Flash Player 8 – 9.

4136 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

that’s also my point.

Fine, but why you keep repeating my say with your own words :P
1989 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says

coz i read “blah blah blah MIT blah blah” so i thought your post was MIT licensed
2157 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

Pay a good JavaScript developer that’s not a loan shark to develop a similar plugin for you! :) Problem solved elegantly! Then simply update your files and tell him to keep his BSD thing :)

I was thinking about developing such script myself but since there was turn.js, there was no point in this.

4136 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

coz i read “blah blah blah MIT blah blah” so i thought your post was MIT licensed
I’ll try in Italian next time just for you fab` :P
5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I was thinking about developing such script myself but since there was turn.js, there was no point in this.

Do not joke! If you manage to write your own version by spending 2-3 months, I would say that is worthy investment. The real problem stays with not crashing iPad safari! In 6 months or an year, you can see demand for this stuff increasing.

I actually tried my own version 6 months back and couldn’t manage “not” to crash iPad, so just dropped the entire thing. This is not a kind job of “ok, I start tomorrow, finish it next week and upload it on a friday”. Needs lot of iteration to performance gain and trial & errors with different math tricks to meet css / browser limitations. Would be frustrating to finish and even possibilities of finishing is a question.

Just trying to point the reason why it is a rare thing and why the original author was disappointed.

by
by
by
by
by
by