147 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
PaulVictor says

Hey guys,

I kinda feel like I’m getting boycotted here at GR since a lot of my recent uploads have been rejected of which I believe are good. Shown below is a collection of chocolate and coffee type text effects but it was rejected. What do you guys think about the file?

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8012/chocolatetexteffects590.jpg

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Cain187 says

I understand you completly. I have the same problem. The problem is, that this ist not a free platform, where everybody can sell his artwork, but that only a few so called “designer” (at least I hope they are) decide what´s good and what´s not, without any explanations.

I compared some artworks which are online, and many of them are really good. I mean thy really have a good quality, but there are also file which I NEVER would upload… To control they quality is ok, because if not, really everyone could aupload a file, weather he is a designer or not, but not to allow people to upload they stuff, just because they mayba have just enough buttons or whatever is completly wrong.

The designers spend a much of time to create theses thing and prepare them for the user and what they get ist a simply: no thx?

We have categories. Doesn´t matter how much buttons or texttypes we have, if they are well made, they have to upload them here. At the ending the user decides which button is good for him and which not.

Me and my whole designer network a( 67 designers & developers) are totally disappointed of the way they treat peolpe in this portal…

1173 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Motionreactor says

I disagree that the reviewers or Envato are at fault here. Maybe they could provide clearer feedback though, although as has been discussed many times before this is unlikely because it is extremely time prohibitive. They simply don’t have the time to respond personally with every rejection.

The standards here are fairly consistent, granted I have seen some odd cases, but on the whole the level of objective vs subjective review is very fair. You have to appreciate that this is also not actually a public marketplace. It is after all a commercial entity, offering public membership, but with no obligation to accept all submissions.

In your case, with these text styles, they were most likely rejected because that category already has a flood of similar items. Your styles may simply be too similar or not innovative or different enough. You have to produce something very special in that category for it to stand above the quality of existing items and be worthy contribution to the category. If it is too similar or not innovative enough, then it will likely be rejected.

284 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Shellbot says

I like these styles, but have to agree with Motionreactor.

Step 1 in creating a file for upload should be market research and finding a niche that isn’t completely full of excellent designs. There are plenty, you just need to look.

Step 2 is making an awesome preview image to confuse them into accepting it :D

no-thumbnail
highconceptmedia Recent Posts Threads Started
3 posts
highconceptmedia says
Hey guys,

I kinda feel like I’m getting boycotted here at GR since a lot of my recent uploads have been rejected of which I believe are good. Shown below is a collection of chocolate and coffee type text effects but it was rejected. What do you guys think about the file?

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8012/chocolatetexteffects590.jpg

Hi, Paulus.

I understand how you feel.

The best advice I can give is to not take the rejections personally and to use your work in other places, anyway. You can still use your work, and I think it’s excellent work.

Check out DeviantArt.com. You can post your work there and network with fellow graphic designers. It’s not really a marketplace. It’s more of a community.

The way I see it is that it’s a plus if I get something approved for sale on GraphicRiver.net. But if I don’t, life goes on.

by
by
by
by
by
by