2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
LucidStudios says

don’t you guys think that html5 is looking a serious threat to flash instead of sliverlight?

See the following link in Safari 4 or FireFox 3.5 which is based on html5’s video tag and doesn’t require flash player or any other plug-in to play the video files: http://www.youtube.com/html5

755 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
skyplugins says

I don’t think it would be a total replacement for flash, however, it’s all about how adobe will act to bring more enhancements to flash. Playing video without a plug-in does not mean much alone. There are some other parameters which are more important, such as the 3D APIs, 2D drawing APIs, ease of use etc.

+6 more
LucidStudios says
I don’t think it would be a total replacement for flash, however, it’s all about how adobe will act to bring more enhancements to flash. Playing video without a plug-in does not mean much alone. There are some other parameters which are more important, such as the 3D APIs, 2D drawing APIs, ease of use etc.

you are right when it comes to other capabilities of flash but it is the video feature of flash which has made it so much popular and youtube is just one major example. If html5’s video tag can also play streaming videos then it must a big competitor for flash player in near future.

3750 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

I’m looking it with FF.3.5.2 pc and it doesn’t work out. Neither with IE8 .
I think flash is spreaded enough to be the first option in developers/client mind when needing some stuff like this (video stream, etc.).

Once installed flash acts like standalone object (apart from some bugs in concrete platforms, for sure). I can’t imagine try to optimize html5 right now for different platforms/browsers.

I think Javascript / Ajax framewoks are much more taking market to flash in grahics galleries, portfolios, etc. Anyway, they are also far from being “global” as many people says. They have still lots of bugs in different environments.

<”}}><

1312 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
LGLab says

+1

8281 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says
+1

+1

Flash FTW :)

+6 more
LucidStudios says

I don’t know too much about html5 but I think is not supported by any of the current browsers so that is why the link is not working for you people but at least it works in Safari 4.

3750 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

You can tell the client:
“It works in Safari 4 Mac, only monday mornings. Nobody will see it, but… don’t you think is wonderful??”

Sorry, i’m joking. Related to this, one architect client ask me to do a website he could see all platforms, including his car GPS !!!. I told him: ok, i’ll do if you make me a house i can put in my pocket when i’m travelling. I’m still living where always and he has still no website at all. :P

1389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
Pdesignx says

it does not seem to work here either, i have checeked in every possible browser with their latest versions… (:

and i agree that it WONT BE ABLE TO BE REPLACED WITH FLASH ! i don’t even compare them at all…

1552 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

people don’t update their browser that often , so for example, youtube.com will never replace flash player for playing the video , at least not in the near future.

by
by
by
by
by
by