58 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
kocci says

I am pretty much a beginner when it comes to music. I have had little experience with guitar and drums and am interested in what it takes to start developing sound tracks. I am very interested in Electronic, Hip Hop and Dubstep music.

Can someone please point me in the direction listing what I should do. I am sure that this question will be of great to use to other people in the same boat as me.

Kind Regards,

Kocci

335 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+3 more
tiam says

Hi kocci!

Its pretty hard to point out how to start. First of all you would need some kind of sequencer (Logic, cubase etc) and a computer. Second is just begin to make music. Experiment with sounds, melodies and whatever you can think of just to get you started.

I started of by listening to music and tried to copy tracks as near the original as possible. I think thats a great way to start since you learn what others do and how to arrange instruments with each other.

I believe there are tons of great articles on music making on the internet but from my point of view trial and error is the way to do it. At least in the beginning! Its hard to read about something that in that matter isn’t technical. Just get started, do music listen to music and try to figure out what works for you. :)

58 posts
  • Australia
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
kocci says

Aw thanks for the reply. Ill look into it some more :)

Kocci

423 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Romania
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
studio_21 says

What can help you a lot is listen to other`s works. You will get inspired by them. Get your hand dirty in a recording software (Fl studio, Reason, Cubase , etc).

:) Work , work and work. It takes time bro` !

114 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Italy
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
KajinDetier says

Practice makes perfect; Passion makes extraordinary.

Work with both of them and your dreams will come true! :)

186 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Star_ik says

On the Internet of full video on work with music and a sound.

39 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Europe
enrimusic says

Try to learn at least one of the most used digital audio workstations, logic pro, pro tools, cubase, ecc.. Start with simple songs and then grow up to more sophisticated. Pay attention to what gives you good vibrations and what doesn’t. Use the better instruments you have, real and virtual… Remember, only the better. Make a sound selection and focus on the mood you have to reach Be original When finished… Listen and relax!

by
by
by
by
by
by