548 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
tonvie says

Hi All, thanks for any input you may have.

I’ve got a site that was somehow compromised and now anyone who goes to the web site automatically gets “system security” virus installed :( Never dealt with this and no idea where to start other than Googling…which I’m still doing.

Get an answer that works from an author and I’ll buy your latest theme whatever it is lol. Thank you.

I can PM you the link if you need…

3344 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
organicbee says

Hi All, thanks for any input you may have.

I’ve got a site that was somehow compromised and now anyone who goes to the web site automatically gets “system security” virus installed :( Never dealt with this and no idea where to start other than Googling…which I’m still doing.

Get an answer that works from an author and I’ll buy your latest theme whatever it is lol. Thank you.

contact your host immediately and let them know to pull the log files, and that the server compromised, backup you’re DB , double check that your host isn’t pulling the VM the servers on(if its shared hosting multiple hosting accounts can be compromised) after your MYSQL is backed up and your hosting provider isn’t changing anything, create a new db add the backed up version to it, upload the same version of WordPress thats installed currently and point it to the database you created and upload the same theme/plugins/media/ thats on you’re current server(they shouldn’t be affected) and it should be gone

332 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Hi Tonvie :)

548 posts
tonvie says

Hey Cline123 :)

@OrganicBeeMedia, thanks! I didn’t think I would get that level of support from my host so I didn’t even think about calling them, but sure enough, they found the problem and removed the appropriate files. I really appreciate it!

by
by
by
by
by
by