951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

graphic4444 has a point, but at least there should be a badge or something near the item wich says the item had been updated, or the date of the item itself could be updated. I used to write it into the preview image

1745 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

As far as I remember this issue had been mentioned from long ago and still unsolved. I think a notification system for buyers is somewhat really necessary. Not only for the buyers but for the authors, too. Sometimes buyer rates the item based on the un-updated version of the file (which may contains bugs, glitches etc.,) which is quite unfair for the author.

Writing into the preview image is the best thing an author can do but I don’t think people tend to turn back to see the preview again after purchase. And even if they do, would they recognize the difference from the preview image?

I think that the idea of a “Subscribe to the item’s update” button for buyer may works. Email notifications from Envato are fine, too. Or any kind of notification system in buyer’s front page is really expected.

1568 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
rahulbist says

The ability to identify and contact buyers is a very slippery slope when you consider the privacy issues or the potential for abuse. Currently this is something that each author is responsible for, whether they direct buyers to an update notification signup or something similar. The best way for authors to offer support is something that we have been reviewing very closely.

There was some bugs in my file. I modified my files and upload again. I was just seeking a ablility to inform all buyer who bought the item previously to download it again. I don’t need information about all buyers.

3610 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
KrownThemes says

The ability to identify and contact buyers is a very slippery slope when you consider the privacy issues or the potential for abuse. Currently this is something that each author is responsible for, whether they direct buyers to an update notification signup or something similar. The best way for authors to offer support is something that we have been reviewing very closely.
There was some bugs in my file. I modified my files and upload again. I was just seeking a ablility to inform all buyer who bought the item previously to download it again. I don’t need information about all buyers.

They’ll come back when their realize the item doesn’t work correctly, don’t worry! :)

6089 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

There is a polite way to handle this issue (looks like already suggested – but as usual we miss it). In the buyer download page, near each item’s download button, add a flag (or just a dot). Whenever an item gets updated, the dot will appear and on mouseover show a short message such as “Minor bugs fixed – 10 APR 2012 ”, “Important update”, “New Features Added” etc. So these label messages can be chosen by author while making update.

This will get much more attention than adding messages on item page and thumbnail. This way buyers no need to go through the item page to check if the update is worth downloading.

by
by
by
by
by
by