243 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
Crian says

Dear community!

I started to produce some electronic/house/dance/chart-hit tracks and I thought about contacting bigger companys like SONY, EMI etc. because these tracks really have this commercial type style. But I guess they will get a lot of e-mails with “Listen to my track, maybe you could use this for a track for Pitbull or Enrique Iglesias” or stuff like this so I need a better strategy I guess, haha. :D Are there any tips (or maybe more little companys that really will listen to your track and maybe buy the licence, too) how to manage this? Do you already have some experience concerning this scene? (This genre is very new to me but I got some good feedback so I now just want to try. :)

1936 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
matsteiner says

I don’t have personal experience, but I know from somebody that worked for a major company in switzerland like sony a few years ago, that the get every day a few hundred letters with demo CD’s, they pick out two or three a day (random) and throw the others in a very big trash can without even opening the envelopes….
That should say enough or not?

One experience I made is (when we are talking about Sony already) that they bougth a track of mine on AJ!!:

Well, that was for a ad campaign and not for an album. But the “trash” story above was like 5 years ago, now they are even more under pressure…imagine how it works now!

914 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
permian says

I’d like to know the answer too.

KabbalisticVillage
KabbalisticVillage Recent Posts
Threads Started
654 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
KabbalisticVillage says

Mat..they cut off your song in an interesting way.kind of cool. My experience with places like Sony or huge places is that you need like a real agent or a connect.There is no sending demos to sony.I would stay start with a smaller than sony music licensing firm and then get a name for yourself.

1936 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
matsteiner says

My experience with places like Sony or huge places is that you need like a real agent or a connect.There is no sending demos to sony.I would stay start with a smaller than sony music licensing firm and then get a name for yourself.

Menachem, these are a wise words i think!

by
by
by
by
by
by