no-thumbnail
World-of-Wonders Recent Posts Threads Started
2 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
World-of-Wonders says

I am 40 and been developing since my first ascii art first page for my BBS in 1988.

Here is what I can tell ya and you make of it what you want.

Back in 1991, my good friend told me to save every penny and 22 years later have enough to retire and never have to work again. His plan was to move to a tropical paradise and enjoy his golden years as he described it back then. He followed what he preached and now, twenty two years later he will be 40 next week. For all these years he lived frugally. Worked in NYC for good money in IT, commuting 4 hours each day to save on rent. Never left the state to save on vacations. Drinks some brand of beer that makes even Budweiser taste not as awful. The golden years are here for him!

I didn’t do that. Since 1996 I been travelling the world. Partying. Drinking. Enjoying. Meeting wacky and wonderful people. Supporting myself by working remotely. 30 countries maybe I lived in and seen it all. Speak 3 languages. In fact , been living on a beach now in a tropical country where the beer is cold and $200 gets you a 3 floor, 6 room house I rent. Got a wife, kids, and typing this from an open beach bar as a wicked progressive trance loop bops to the rhythm of the ocean. A cop in uniform walks in and dumps a pile of ‘medicinal herb’ onto a Frisbee and hands it to a confused looking tourist who expected something entirely different for his $20.

My friend visited earlier and declared tropical living uncivilized. No lifeguards. No ambulances. Gas sold in empty 2 liter coke bottles. His brand of beer no one heard of. Little things. But he left back to NYC and says he is happy. And so am I.

Most of you are in your early 20s. So you make what you want of what I wrote. I gotta get back and deal with a cranky customer. I hope I wont have to do that when I am 70.

N

84 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
mySudi says

I am 40 and been developing since my first ascii art first page for my BBS in 1988.

Back in 1991, my good friend told me to save every penny and 22 years later have enough to retire and never have to work again. His plan was to move to a tropical paradise and enjoy his golden years as he described it back then. He followed what he preached and now, twenty two years later he will be 40 next week. For all these years he lived frugally. Worked in NYC for good money in IT, commuting 4 hours each day to save on rent. Never left the state to save on vacations. Drinks some brand of beer that makes even Budweiser taste not as awful. The golden years are here for him!

I didn’t do that. Since 1996 I been travelling the world. Partying. Drinking. Enjoying. Meeting wacky and wonderful people. Supporting myself by working remotely. 30 countries maybe I lived in and seen it all. Speak 3 languages. In fact , been living on a beach now in a tropical country where the beer is cold and $200 gets you a 3 floor, 6 room house I rent. Got a wife, kids, and typing this from an open beach bar as a wicked progressive trance loop bops to the rhythm of the ocean. A cop in uniform walks in and dumps a pile of ‘medicinal herb’ onto a Frisbee and hands it to a confused looking tourist who expected something entirely different for his $20.

My friend visited earlier and declared tropical living uncivilized. No lifeguards. No ambulances. Gas sold in empty 2 liter coke bottles. His brand of beer no one heard of. Little things. But he left back to NYC and says he is happy. And so am I.

Most of you are in your early 20s. So you make what you want of what I wrote. I gotta get back and deal with a cranky customer. I hope I wont have to do that when I am 70.

N

Words of wisdom!!!

445 posts here for love
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
nCrafts says

N

I remember my school days when the Principal of our school would often tell us to appreciate life and live in the moment, as if there would be no tomorrow. I would use this as an excuse to spend a chunk of my saved pocket money on gums and candies. In my heart, I knew I was wrong. Looking back now, I think I probably wasn’t.

36 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
PhiDesign says

23 and i will be an engineer in aquaculture soon :) + a graphic designer ;)

65 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Sweden
+2 more
dvhughes says

I AM 78 HELLO WHO IS THERE? WITH WHO AM I SPEAKING? ARE YOU ALL IN PURGATORY? WHAT IS THIS CONTRAPTION?

84 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
mySudi says

I AM 78 HELLO WHO IS THERE? WITH WHO AM I SPEAKING? ARE YOU ALL IN PURGATORY? WHAT IS THIS CONTRAPTION?

Say you waaat? Can’t biliv’ this, ENVATO should give you a medal and a badge!! you should be our community ambassador lol!!! Inspired!!!

65 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Sweden
+2 more
dvhughes says

Say you waaat? Can’t biliv’ this, ENVATO should give you a medal and a badge!! you should be our community ambassador lol!!! Inspired!!!

Just a joke. I was channeling my Dad there. I am actually 47. Old, yes. But not 78.

96 posts
  • Located in Russian Federation
+1 more
despoth says

How many ancient farts here! The elder’s place I see.

39 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+4 more
Taerar says

18 :P

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market