752 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Gae47 says

It’s quite important not to rush, in my opinion…although sometimes I do it. But what I learned from my modest experience, is that its always good to leave the track you finished for a while…give it a few hours then come back to it. You will see things differently, from the mixing point of view but also sometimes from the composition point of view. Its always good to give a break to your ears :)

+1

When I first joined AJ I used to only spend a few hours a day before uploading a piece. Now, I tend to spend 2 to 3 days on a track and not rush them. It’s a really good idea to leave tracks that you’re working on for 24 hours or more so you can hear them with fresh ears. Quite often, those parts that you obsess over for hours aren’t always as obvious as you think they are (or vice versa) when you hear the piece as a whole. Also, by spending more time with a piece, you can really get to know it while making little changes in the arrangement and mix that really bring out the best qualities in the music.

15 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
Generalmusic says

One week if the track es simple, easy. Drum, bass, guitar, piano, sinte. Compose and mix and master. Four days. But more days…more quality. But if the idea is good it is the import andthe producction to.

2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
djselsky says

I know for sure if the song sounds bad, and the moderator accidentally gave the “green light” – it’s still bad. even if it’s buy, and you will get a bad rating. Time that I dedicate – a week. or two. + My simple rule: tired – rest. you can work with another composition. or just a cup of tea.))

51 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
west-sounds says

Good questions PaintSpraySounds!

One melody takes me 1-2 days. Sometimes I hang and it takes me a week, month … Sometimes ideas come so fast and everything on smoothly.

This is probably the inspiration

61 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
GoMusic says

I try not to spend more than half a day on each track, but I can spend two days on one sometimes. I think it actually speeds up the process if you just leave the song and come back to it a day or two later. That seems to make it happen a lot quicker for me than if I’d tried to get it all done in one go. :)

198 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Andrew_G says

I try not to spend more than half a day on each track, but I can spend two days on one sometimes. I think it actually speeds up the process if you just leave the song and come back to it a day or two later. That seems to make it happen a lot quicker for me than if I’d tried to get it all done in one go. :)

+1
I’ll add, that sometimes many of us may face a situation when – You work on a perspective and inspiring track for one or two days, at the end of the second day you almost finish it and take a break, then you listen to it.. and think – “what the…? it’s a failure! piece of **!”. You go to sleep and in the morning listen to the track again and think “Oh. It’s not so bad. Actually, it’s nice. It’s brilliant. Upload immediately” Funny effect :)

2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
djselsky says

I wonder how long these things make the real masters? Such timmtsmorris, soundroll, pinkzebra and other aces

(Pardon my clumsy English.))

PaintSpraySounds
PaintSpraySounds Recent Posts Threads Started
46 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
PaintSpraySounds says

I wonder how long these things make the real masters? Such timmtsmorris, soundroll, pinkzebra and other aces (Pardon my clumsy English.))

We will have to ask them. hopefully encourage them to enter the debate

by
by
by
by
by
by