53 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Jay-P says

Hi everybody,

I was just wondering…In how many time do you make a high quality track? For me, it can be about one week…Sometimes two.

Just curious to know about you :-).

48 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
MagnetStudios says

I would say depending on the track length, about the same, if you’re including, recording/writing, mixing and mastering in that time scale.

1528 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

I haven’t done a $14 track but if I did it would take me a while, I’m much better at creating short pieces, sometimes they come very naturally but sometimes they are a struggle. I think if I was to write a (is it 2-3 minutes for $14?) track it would take several days for me to really be happy with the writing. Writing longer pieces is definitely something I need to work on!

42 posts
  • Netherlands
  • Exclusive Author
FactoryofMusic says

It depends per track. Sometimes only a couple of hours. Most of time a bit longer. After a while you’ll work faster and faster through experience. You can start with saving all your settings for mixing. Creating your own templates for certain genres can speed up the process too.

53 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Jay-P says

Yeh it’s normally at least 2-3 minutes but it also depends on the quality and the complexity…

The same for me, sometimes I’m very inspired and I can make a long and high quality piece just in a few days but sometimes they are, like you said, a struggle. So it depends, but generally, one or two weeks (recording/mixing/mastering).

101 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
JCKerosene says

Usually for me it s a few days anyways. I start by noodling around and plying whit some ideas….there’s sort of a filling well thing that happens sometimes for a few days. My radar might be on, casually listening to different music. From there, I’ll usually have an idea on an approach and then, I walk away from it. Once I start recording something, I try to be fairly proficient using plugs ins and things to get some quick sounds going. I’m guilty of rushing things though and this year my goal is to slow it down more to get better with post production elements. I spend maybe half a day recording the tracks, on and off..might go for lunch, gym, take a break ect…then the evening will try to finish up as much as possible…sometimes that night or the next morning for some mastering and uploading tagging, so I’d say at least 2 days.

60 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Ukraine
Wital says

From one day to a week. Better start one track later start another track. One day of rest. One day of work. One day of rest. One day of work. A week later, the two tracks …

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts
Threads Started
456 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Reviewer says

There is a similar thread that was posted on the forums not long ago:
Right here!

379 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Twisterium says

Usually it takes 3-4 hours to arrange full track from a sketch. BUT . Mastering I do next day or in 3-4 hours, ‘cause after long process of arranging, my ears can’t hear adequately.

264 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
soundengine says

Using vst instruments it takes about a week if i already have an idea in mind. If i don’t have a good starting point, sometimes i spend a few weeks and nothing usable comes out.

Lately, i’m improving my guitar playing so i’ll be recording live guitars more. It reduces the production time massively and results are better than vsts even with the cheapest guitars.

by
by
by
by
by
by