• Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pinkzebra says

Probably everyone expects and hopes to have an immediate sales boost that will allow an instant jump to a new level of success when they get featured as the author of the week or their track gets featured. I know I was hoping for that.

While there are certainly some tracks that have caught fire and launched an author into a new stratosphere when they were featured, I think instead it is more about getting a chance to plant many more seeds than you would otherwise get a chance to plant. Hopefully those seeds grow into sales over weeks or months and, most importantly, help develop repeat customers. Many customers are likely bookmarking featured tracks that they like so they can find them for future projects.

132 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
AudioMonks says

Probably everyone expects and hopes to have an immediate sales boost that will allow an instant jump to a new level of success when they get featured as the author of the week or their track gets featured. I know I was hoping for that. While there are certainly some tracks that have caught fire and launched an author into a new stratosphere when they were featured, I think instead it is more about getting a chance to plant many more seeds than you would otherwise get a chance to plant. Hopefully those seeds grow into sales over weeks or months and, most importantly, help develop repeat customers. Many customers are likely bookmarking featured tracks that they like so they can find them for future projects.

+1

990 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
simaudio says

I have to say that….....

Pinkzebra is spot on! The guy has got a very handsome badge to prove it :) so I think we can safely say the he knows what he is doing! And how good is he?

I enjoyed my time being a featured author and sales did improve for me, also it is an honour and deep recognition for your work and that’s good enough for me and I really appreciate that, because as we all know when we are in the studio all day you can tend to lose the plot a bit so any feedback is good feedback….right?

I believe it is not just about the moment but about the long term, I know now that I have several repeat customers and that has to be a good thing, that only came from being a featured author, so I say a big thanks to those guys, ( I have items that have sold repeatedly with extended licence’s because of these guys) :)

I think Scott once said “it’s a marathon not a sprint” and I stand by that BIGTIME , because I’m in it for the long term and this site is not here to make pop stars out of people! It is a royalty free music site!

Some authors have done extremely well out of it and we all know how exceptional they are, but there are new authors here that could be just as good and also a lot of luck has to be involved, so time will tell.

It is a great community and the staff have been really helpful to me so “big up these guys” they are cool ?

Believe me it is great to be a featured author ? you might not see sales instantly but i’m sure it makes a difference.

Sorry for the rant but it’s not always about the money, it’s a good thing to build slowly :bigsmile: In anything you do in life IMHO ?

I’m sure it helped me :) this a great community, be happy, polite and genuine and i’m sure you will get noticed….........we are all in the same boat, ha-ha :)

Yeah! being a featured author….........it’s a thing of greatness :bigsmile:

260 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ukraine
khursey says

A lil bit offtopic…but whats up with your sales, guys? I have nothing for 3 weeks…

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts Threads Started
591 posts
  • Finland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
scoringaudiogeeks says

Well can’t say for sure what kinda impact featured author had on us but we have had consistent sales from the beginning, maybe it just have kept us in the drive :D

666 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ZtarrZound says

Hey Sky now you can answer this question yourself. Howd it go? :p

263 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
SkyProductions says

Well Ztarr…to tell you the strange truth as far as sales go it was the worst week I’ve had in awhile but not by much. 4 Sales the week I was featured(last week) I’ve been getting around 7-8 a week so it wasn’t too far of a drop. And I’m appreciating those 7-8 a week!

So yes I do have my answer now lol, however I am still very grateful to AJ for the exposure and all though sales dropped during the week, the exposure I think might be worth it. Hopefully some buyers book marked me :) But you never know.

I got some cool comments from nice authors and it was cool to see myself on the front page all week :)

One of the 4 purchased was a pack I just uploaded so that’s cool :)

So while being featured is great, its all up to us and our own music. Keep writing and writing I say, I hope to make it to the top 10 someday but that definitely won’t happen unless I’m writing EVERY day :)

Thanks again AJ -Sky

471 posts Think pink.
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pinkzebra says

I had a similar experience when I was featured for a week last summer. It’s kind of puzzling, but I do think there are benefits that show up weeks and months later.

666 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ZtarrZound says

Cool to know! :). Like pz said there are probably also some long term bennies too. If nothing else it gets your name and music in front of more peeps and that’s always a positive.

Thanks for sharing. Here’s to continued success :).

by
by
by
by
by
by