• Exclusive Author
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
soundtrove says

I currently have about 8 unfinished tracks. I tend not to start a new song unless it is a really specific idea that i cannot use in an unfinished one. I have another 50 or so recorded ‘sketches’ some of them years old but useful when I need something to start on. It’s amazing how leaving a song and coming back to it later (even months or years) can bring new ideas or perspective.

thesensercomplex
thesensercomplex Recent Posts Threads Started
482 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
thesensercomplex says

HaHa. I posted this same question a year or so back. I currently have 112 unfinished tracks in various state of completion… or non-completion. I call it my “crap bin”. Very few tracks ever survived this folder once placed in. However, I have a very hard time dragging that folder in the trash and hitting the delete button. So it just takes up hard drive space :/ Cheers!

147 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
JasonGraham says

I have hundreds of unfinished songs! And they span many years and also many different DAWs. Sometimes I’ll make note of one that I’d like to finish working on that I started in the past. But usually if something is good, I’ll know it and see it through to completion before letting it collect dust.

1989 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

I try to discipline myself to finish things, even when I sometimes rather would write new stuff… :)
At the moment I have about 12 song ideas or unfinished items.

116 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
UniikMedia says

Got about 7-8 unfinished projects (tracks mostly, a few loops), plus a lot of tracks that I made and never did anything with them, so I’ll touch them up sometime soon and submit them here :)

382 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Revturkey says

I’ve got nothing. Completely empty sketchbook for the first time in 30 years. It’s great, I am really looking forward to writing whatever comes next! It’s exciting not knowing what I will compose.

Fun times :)

311 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
studio26design says

I have about 8-10 unfinished at the moment and a bunch of other ‘bits’ which I tend to refer back to when I have a good verse or chorus and need to add a change to the track.

The first few items I sold online (on another site) were parts of unfinished songs I just uploaded for fun and was quite surprised when they sold.

Some tracks I go back to often, others tend to almost write themselves. Starting with a drum beat, meoldy or chord progression I will improvise over the top with keyboard or guitar and see where it goes.

by
by
by
by
by
by