• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Russian Federation
JohnMcNeill says
Thank you, illuminations and SoundFix for sharing with us you graph ;)

I know, that’s terrible, but I make comparison ;)

AuidoJungle Green is illuminations

Blue is SoundFix

Pink is mine

SoundFix, I like your stability ;) It’s pretty cool

131 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Music2Sync says

Awesome to see some steady sales coming in for you guys! This is my second month and so far I have 22 sales for april, one being an extended license. Considering I only have 5 items uploaded and have yet to start promoting I’m pretty happy.

I’m really curious to see what kind of impact self marketing and promotion will have on my sales. Time to reach out to the video hive crew me thinks.

1528 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

Thank you, illuminations and SoundFix for sharing with us you graph ;)

I know, that’s terrible, but I make comparison ;)

AuidoJungle Green is illuminations

Blue is SoundFix

Pink is mine

SoundFix, I like your stability ;) It’s pretty cool

Very cool diagram and thanks! :D

1528 posts
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

Great sales guys!

Soundfix – I would say you have done remarkably well considering you only have 16 items in your portfolio!

Thanks very much dude, that’s very kind of you to say.

A lot more music coming from me over the summer, but still only stuff that I think is top quality and I’m completely happy with. I’m going to aim for 1 track every 1-2 weeks :)

1528 posts
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

Awesome to see some steady sales coming in for you guys! This is my second month and so far I have 22 sales for april, one being an extended license. Considering I only have 5 items uploaded and have yet to start promoting I’m pretty happy. I’m really curious to see what kind of impact self marketing and promotion will have on my sales. Time to reach out to the video hive crew me thinks.

That is very good for your second month mate! I’ll have to stop by your page soon and have a listen.

I think it helps but I don’t have much proof. I personally tweet about one of my tracks 1 or 2 times a day with some hash tags E.g. #StockMusic #RoyaltyFree, in the hope that film makers etc see them and buy stuff.

VH is a tough one, I’ve not had much success with emailing them, I think they’re sick of it. So now I’m just waiting until I see my music used instead.

264 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
studio26design says

VH is a tough one, I’ve not had much success with emailing them, I think they’re sick of it.

Yes, I think some VH authors are sick of it. They’ve even got a thread calling it spam.

http://videohive.net/forums/thread/audiojungle-authors-spam/95885
489 posts
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

studio26design – thanks for the link, a particularly interesting comment from ‘Cyzer’:

“to be honest I started to look at AJ authors as gypsies, not all of them but many…”

1528 posts
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

studio26design – thanks for the link, a particularly interesting comment from ‘Cyzer’:

“to be honest I started to look at AJ authors as gypsies, not all of them but many…”

hahaha. Man these VH guys do not like some of us!

When I wrote emails at first, I didn’t realise it would annoy VH authors, I naively thought that they would appreciate an AJ author offering music for them to enhance their previews. Doh!

489 posts
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

When I wrote emails at first, I didn’t realise it would annoy VH authors, I naively thought that they would appreciate an AJ author offering music for them to enhance their previews. Doh!

Well, the irony is that there are lots of videohive productions that wouldn’t have half the success if the audio was removed, so I find that gypsy comment a bit strange to say the least.

1528 posts
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

Well, the irony is that there are lots of videohive productions that wouldn’t have half the success if the audio was removed, so I find that gypsy comment a bit strange to say the least.

So true and yes, it is very strange. I think they have this attitude because they are able to simply download our tracks and add them to their video, whereas we can’t offer the same for them, we can only paste a link under the track. It woud be great if we could upload video previews to replace the EQ visualisation. Then maybe we would be considered as equals, in their eyes.

by
by
by
by
by
by