749 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
myjilson says

I don’t know how to explain the thing. But let me try. I see a lot of themes with great typeface. Sometimes, when we design a layout in Photoshop, the texts will be so sharp and clear. But when we convert it in to HTML /CSS, sometimes, we lose the clarity of the texts. I mean the fonts may not be that sharp. It appears some crisp texts rather than what we have designed. But when I looked into some of the wordpress themes/html templates, I can see they have used the same font with perfect clarity or without any crisp effects. How’s this achieved? I wanted to give some theme links here. but I know it’s against the rules. Any idea??? or should I be more clear??

21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
OTallu says

Photoshop has a lot more font functionality than a web browser. It applies all kinds of smoothing algorithms. The best way to replicate how a font will look on the web is to set the Anitialiasing in Photoshop to ‘sharp’.

113 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
ragzor says

well on light backgrounds i use text-shadow: 0 1px 0 white; this sharpens the text to some extent.

749 posts
+6 more
myjilson says

I don’t think the drop shadow will help. I tried that. Any other tricks or suggestions?

213 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+2 more
themelux says

Are you talking about regular default HTML fonts or using Fontface?

749 posts
+6 more
myjilson says

Are you talking about regular default HTML fonts or using Fontface?

Not fontface! oh!! I don’t know how to tell it. ;) The paragraph texts, heading texts everything is so smooth. Check this theme for example: http://demo.brankic.net/?theme=BigBangWP The font is so smooth. Did they add any effects to make it in this way??

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

They did not do anything. There are some fonts that look great and some look ugly. I personally have no idea why. Also some fonts look good with bigger font sizes and some with smaller. They just used what google gave them. Look on how it looks on google fonts too – https://www.google.com/webfonts/specimen/Oswald

749 posts
+6 more
myjilson says

They did not do anything. There are some fonts that look great and some look ugly. I personally have no idea why. Also some fonts look good with bigger font sizes and some with smaller. They just used what google gave them. Look on how it looks on google fonts too – https://www.google.com/webfonts/specimen/Oswald
yeah I see! it’s strange that some of the font is so ugly in smaller size but pretty good in large size!!!
21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
amabil says
749 posts
+6 more
myjilson says

This might help http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2012/07/11/avoiding-faux-weights-styles-google-web-fonts/

YES !!!! THIS IS THE REASON !!! :) THANKS A LOT BUDDY ! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by