43 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
sebastian6 says

I had a sale yesterday after 10 totally dry days.

Sometimes it bothers me as I wonder why I’m not at the sales level that some of the guys who started at the same time are. Then I have a sale and it’s just so flattering to know someone picked a song I wrote to use for some mystery project.

It’s at those times I realize that it’s important to maintain the attitude of the eternal student. I go back and listen to the big sellers and the new big sellers. And instead of wondering “why not me?”, I try to appreciate the quality of their track and learn from the way they wrote it/played it/introduced the elements/mixed it. And I always come away hopeful.

And the other thing that selling one track can do is surprise me. It was a track whose quality I was questioning- whether I had the right groove or sound. It sounded iffy to me. But then someone bought it.

So, I guess I feel that the balance between allowing myself to always learn while trusting myself enough to upload songs I may not be sure about is key.

And this community is great for hearing what you guys are thinking and doing to help yourselves to a big heaping bowl of success. I hope to keep learning more from you and slowly fill my bowl too.

Happy to have a sale, S6

27 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
StoneHarvest says

Checking your stuff out right now. :D

24 posts
  • Serbia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items