60 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
TrapezeArtiste says

Ive been doing a mix of writing what I feel like and writing specific things I think may be in demand.

I think the best results actually come when I know what I am trying to achieve, which is counter-intuitive to how I make music away from Audiojungle when I write to see what comes.

Does everyone else decide what they are doing before starting?

627 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
PaBlikMM says

My way for writing is …

i spent more than 5 hours a day in a bus travelling to work and back – i have a paper and pencil – i´m trying to sleep and in my head are some melodies, songs, riffs playing – i wrote the scetch ideas to my paper like someone else is writing it for me …

It looks written there like – hey, what about some AC guit with capo on 7th fret. Playng dim saka dim sak. – add some staccatos, bass guitar going with the guit riff ….

So and then when i´m home – i know exactly what i´m going to do because i have only 3 hours left to be creative that day :)

I´m just a newbie here so i dont count my sales too much and dont make big analysis – i came here with that the first 6 month i dont sell a single thing :)

Thats my way of creative process :)

Keep on rocking and create some great music!

CHA!

1465 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
gballx says

I’m coming out of my experimental stage to guage what sells and what doesn’t. I have had to go through this to get a feel for the market and now I write whatever comes from a sound. The beauty of this market place is that I can play and try things out and hopefully it will find a nice warm and cosy home on someone else’s project. Also it allows me to develop my skills for my freelance work.

147 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
JasonGraham says

Good topic…

Before I started writing stock music, I always just wrote what I felt like writing, what sounded good to me, and what I felt I wanted to be “my sound.” And I still do that for my non-stock music.

For AudioJungle though, I do usually usually start with a goal in mind. For example, “I should really have an all electronic track in my portfolio,” or “I think I’d like to write a hootenanny alt-folk song for my portfolio because that seems popular now.” I’ll try to determine certain key aspects of the song, like mood, tempo, instrumentation and maybe a basic chord progression, then go from there. Sometimes though, the song will take an unexpected turn and I’ll go with it. For example, my latest track in queue started out trying to be a hootenanny alt-folk song (that really should be a category here), but then I accidentally came up with a guitar part that made it sound more like an afrobeat-inspired rock song, so I went with that.

So I guess the point is, I try to write with a goal in mind, but sometimes songs take on a life of their own and become their own thing. If that helps it sell, fine, if not, at least I still had fun creating it!

97 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Green_Eyes says

First of I take my mini tape recorder and try to write an interesting guitar riff. And then i record it on the tape. After about 2 hours of writing and recording guitar riffs i have 5-10 ones are recorded. They are enough for about 3-5 short tracks.

212 posts Live Creative!
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
BrownHouseMedia says

I just grab my Uke and go for it.

373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Revturkey says

I don’t even own a Uke…AJ suicide?

I just sit at my piano and see what happens unless I am working to a goal, like doing more children’s tunes like I did this week and then I usually pick a visual theme to roll around my head. One of the short things I did…I pictured crabs lol…so I tried to choose instrumentation that might suit and played around with that until something happened. Xylophones, castanets etc.

:D

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Art-of-Sound says

\\

889 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars