• Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

Apparently tags are only used to find the ‘more tracks like this’ at the bottom of track pages and the title and description is what is used when you search for a track. Maybe this is something that should change?

379 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Twisterium says

Thanks for thread. Realty interesting. Do you search “by style” or “by mood”?

181 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Lithuania
MRMdesigns says

^ Both :)

1238 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

i agree w/felt; it’s important to look at what fits the theme of your project. if youre in a rush then yeah just copy and use the most popular ones is always safe i guess.. though it gets tiresome as a buyer to hear the same ones over and over again (you know the tracks I’m talking about).... no harm no foul i guess in using what’s most popular

657 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
ZtarrZound says

i agree w/felt; it’s important to look at what fits the theme of your project. if youre in a rush then yeah just copy and use the most popular ones is always safe i guess.. though it gets tiresome as a buyer to hear the same ones over and over again (you know the tracks I’m talking about).... no harm no foul i guess in using what’s most popular
I think it’s an interesting dynamic and I’ve been wondering how authors think when it comes to making the choice to use the same music that has been used a bunch of times already in a new project.

I think a lot of authors believe that since the music item is popular, their project will get more exposure and I don’t think this is the case. Thoughts?

286 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
rtofvnt says
I think a lot of authors believe that since the music item is popular, their project will get more exposure and I don’t think this is the case. Thoughts?

Good question.

Look at some other markets … Themeforest for example. There are templates selling quite well because author on preview used some really nice pictures. Visitors do like to see “nice” things. I bet my last healthy kidney id TF rules would stop them using ANY pictures – just placeholder – they would loose at least 3rd of buyers.

Same could apply to videos … video previews without sound / music ? Sales down. Unfortunately for 95% of AJ authors better for videos works if you use in preview popular tracks.

379 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
Twisterium says

Can I ask some more? Please describe the process of seeking audio. You sit down and say “Well. I have beautiful and bright video/project. And you write the keywords: “positive” “uplifting” “sunny”.... ” Or you do another way? It’s important for us to know. Thanks.

181 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Lithuania
MRMdesigns says

Can I ask some more? Please describe the process of seeking audio. You sit down and say “Well. I have beautiful and bright video/project. And you write the keywords: “positive” “uplifting” “sunny”.... ” Or you do another way? It’s important for us to know. Thanks.

Actually for VideoHive I usually first get an idea for my project. Then I find the music. And yeah, I search for it just the way you have described. And only then I start making my project. At least that’s the way I do this. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by