529 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
muscma01 says

@videologio Thanks for the info, it is really good to know that. I really like your Sketch Typography videos they are pretty awesome. I have been going through a lot of Video Hivers portfolios lately. Haha it is what actually led to the creation of this post. When you want intros and logos, do you want them as a variation of the music, you are going to be using, or does that matter?

660 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
videologio says

@videologio Thanks for the info, it is really good to know that. I really like your Sketch Typography videos they are pretty awesome. I have been going through a lot of Video Hivers portfolios lately. Haha it is what actually led to the creation of this post. When you want intros and logos, do you want them as a variation of the music, you are going to be using, or does that matter?

No I dont think a varation would be necessary. One great track is fine. Many times we synchronise animation with audio track so a different track, maybe, would not be so good as the original :)

529 posts
  • United States
muscma01 says

@videologio very interesting, that gives me a lot of ideas on how to compose music that is more useful. Especially with expanding out a useful introduction arrangement, followed by music, with a developed logo arrangement at the end. Keeping the entire music package around 1-2 minutes. Does that sound like a useful formula?

541 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sweden
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
Celestial-Sound says

This is my process to create any template to Videohive
  1. I write down the general idea for my project.
  2. Then, I make some concepts designs in Photoshop to have a visual reference of what I want.
  3. Next, I define the mood or the style that I’m looking for, for example, with my last project I was looking for something high-tech, cinematic and digital.
  4. When I already know what kind of mood I want to create, I look for “categories” in Audiojungle and other audio sources that fits the keywords I’ve set (I said that I look for “categories” just because guessing a song name is impossible. Actually most of the authors give to their songs pretty unique names that doesn’t reflect anything about the song. It is cool but makes more difficult to find something useful) With my last project, I know that maybe a GLITCH or CINEMATIC song was a good approach.
  5. I start listening every song I came across. I close my eyes and try to visualize a good rythm that have the magical touch I’m looking for. I don’t stick with any author just because out there are many talents. Is a better approach to give to everyone an opportunity.
  6. After I found it, I visualize in my mind a good balance between all my project’s scenes and the beats of the song. This gives me a good idea of the timing of the scene transitions when I’m editing the final video.
  7. I start the project and create all the assets I need to make my template. I always make the scenes longer enough to be trimmed. In this way, the end user can re-time it to fit other songs.
  8. I try to don’t modify my initial idea, but sometimes I let the music to add value to the template itself and I end up adding or removing some parts.
  9. After that, I do the final tweaks and it’s done!

To answer your questions:

• Do you do general searches and start to find something that just fits? I do general searches, but with the names that many authors gives to their songs, it is pretty difficult. A better approach is to look into categories like CINEMATIC, GLITCH, BUSINESS and so on.
  • Do you find an author that makes music you like and stick with them? No I don’t. I have favourites but I don’t stick to them. Out there are a lot of new talents and they are waiting to be discovered :)
  • Do you find the music before or after your animation is made? Actually, I define the idea and the initial animation BEFORE listen any song. Next I search for music and at the end, tweak my animation and my design to get the most of both.
  • What type of music is most useful for you? Any that fits the theme of my template. I don’t create templates to fit a song. I look for songs that fits my template. :)
  • Is there a genre or style that is more useful? I’m young. So I prefer use modern rythms. But I also a motion designer, and I know that the niche or the target customers defines what kind of music you should use

This was very useful, getting more of an insight of how you guys proceed your shopping, Thanks! :)

660 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
videologio says

@videologio very interesting, that gives me a lot of ideas on how to compose music that is more useful. Especially with expanding out a useful introduction arrangement, followed by music, with a developed logo arrangement at the end. Keeping the entire music package around 1-2 minutes. Does that sound like a useful formula?

Yes that would be really intresting, but dont upload them as a package only. Upload the music track and upload the logo track separately too. So if anyone wants only the logo audio track, he will be able not to spend so much money, and finally you ll have more clients.

529 posts
  • United States
muscma01 says

@videologio Sounds like a good plan to me. Thank you so much for your insights, I appreciate it!

704 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
GrizzleFX says

I choose music that I would enjoy listening to on my free-time.

64 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
FXRiot says

A lot of ‘preview’ button clicking

196 posts
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
Vineet_kashyap says
529 posts
  • United States
muscma01 says

@grizzleFX @AlienOutput thanks for the information!

@Vineet_kashyap Thanks for the link I tried searching and couldn’t find anything about it.

by
by
by
by
by
by