7 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
graham999 says

I recently bought a wordpress theme to develop a website for my kids to post their short stories and other items for the school friends. I also purchased a domain and hosting from godaddy. I installed Wordpress, but unfortunately it installed the latest version 3.4.2. The theme I purchased is only compatible with wordpress 3.3. When I went to wordpress to download version 3.3 I keep getting directed to v3.4.2.

I am not sure how I can change the current version to 3.3 and make it compatible to my theme.

I should be grateful if someone can please guide me on how I can do this.

Many thanks

488 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
PixelBuffet says

If you go to the release archive, you can download an older version:

http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/

:)

332 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dekciw says

Are you sure that the theme is not compatible with 3.4.2? Maybe author just forgot to update supported version?

3520 posts Ruben Bristian
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Are you sure that the theme is not compatible with 3.4.2? Maybe author just forgot to update supported version?

I also support this.. It would be really strange that a theme made for 3.3 to not work in 3.4.. If it doesn’t work, it means that it has some really deprecated functions..

64 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
CodeBotics says

Have you tried installing it? Like others said, I would be very surprised if it doesn’t work.

7 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
graham999 says

Many thanks to all of you for your replies.

I have tried installing it several times and it has failed each time.

488 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
PixelBuffet says

In what way is it failing? Missing stylesheet?

7 posts
graham999 says

This is the error message I receive.

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

542 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kriskorn says
7 posts
graham999 says

Hi Kriskorn

Many thanks for the link. I have loaded the theme. How do I then upload the PSD and documentation zip?

by
by
by
by
by
by