richspeller_music Recent Posts Threads Started
131 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
richspeller_music says

Hello, my last release only stayed on the homepage for only around 6 hours the other day… what is the average time or is this entirely dependent on how many follow? How quick the review staff are working? Or perhaps sellability?

I have another item in the queue now and it looks like it’ll be released within a couple of hours (assuming it passes the test)... Personally, I don’t think this is a good thing as it means that most of the US will be asleep (market marjority I would say… most of my sales have come when I am asleep) when it is approved and therefore will miss that precious window of opportunity!

I might be wrong in thinking like this but does anyone else have a preferred ETA ?

Rich

114 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
blindholm says

I would say don’t worry too much because there’s nothing you can do about it, except keep releasing new songs. :)

Time on home page just depends on how fast the reviewers accept new songs after yours. Sometimes you’re lucky and they go to sleep right after your song is approved.

606 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

I think ETA is only really important for corporate/motivational tracks and nothing else and even so what’s really important what day it lands rather than what time. If your corporate/motivational track lands on a friday (afternoon) then it’s pretty doomed to not be seen for the whole weekend (even though there are exceptions) as many businesses close during the weekend. Then there’s two days of releases until monday in which your song may be put a bit further away on the most recent page. In general you don’t want the track landing on any day of the weekend and you want it to land early in the week so it has corporate exposure.

For any other genre I think it doesn’t matter at all, as people will look for specifically what they want in that genre and date of release or time of release won’t affect it. Also the reviewers are the ones that control this time so really there are few ways to control this (for example, we normally get the same reviewer for most of our songs, I don’t know if it’s a time zone thing but he’s a great guy so we’re good) so all our tracks seem to be released at the same time. I think home page display time gets me more views from other authors than anything else…

richspeller_music
131 posts
+1 more
richspeller_music says

If your corporate/motivational track lands on a friday (afternoon) then it’s pretty doomed to not be seen for the whole weekend (even though there are exceptions) as many businesses close during the weekend.

Hmmm, unluckily for me it is now the weekend too!!!! I think I will make my next upload late mid week next time, by which time I suspect review time wil be two days ;-)

261 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Ukraine
+3 more
khursey says

Once, I had my track on the homepage for a one day and night!!! But the next was only a couple of hours. As blindholm said – it doesn’t depend on you, so keep uploading a new stuff constantly for staying on the homepage as often as it’s possible ;)

richspeller_music
131 posts
+1 more
richspeller_music says

Once, I had my track on the homepage for a one day and night!!! But the next was only a couple of hours. As blindholm said – it doesn’t depend on you, so keep uploading a new stuff constantly for staying on the homepage as often as it possible ;)

Thanks Khursey, I certainly wasn’t taking it personally!

606 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

If your corporate/motivational track lands on a friday (afternoon) then it’s pretty doomed to not be seen for the whole weekend (even though there are exceptions) as many businesses close during the weekend.
Hmmm, unluckily for me it is now the weekend too!!!! I think I will make my next upload late mid week next time, by which time I suspect review time wil be two days ;-)

That’s the crazy thing, review time changes all the time. I once planned for a thursday release, it took two days more than expected then landed on saturday! On the other end, I’ve been shocked to find some songs already approved way before I expected them to. No real way to know, best thing to do is upload constantly so your online presence is constant too right?!

585 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says

I think ETA is only really important for corporate/motivational tracks and nothing else and even so what’s really important what day it lands rather than what time. If your corporate/motivational track lands on a friday (afternoon) then it’s pretty doomed to not be seen for the whole weekend (even though there are exceptions) as many businesses close during the weekend. Then there’s two days of releases until monday in which your song may be put a bit further away on the most recent page. In general you don’t want the track landing on any day of the weekend and you want it to land early in the week so it has corporate exposure. For any other genre I think it doesn’t matter at all, as people will look for specifically what they want in that genre and date of release or time of release won’t affect it. Also the reviewers are the ones that control this time so really there are few ways to control this (for example, we normally get the same reviewer for most of our songs, I don’t know if it’s a time zone thing but he’s a great guy so we’re good) so all our tracks seem to be released at the same time. I think home page display time gets me more views from other authors than anything else…

This is very true. Thats why I really liked the old queue bar because you could figure out the best time to put your song in for review. With motivational corporate category it is very important to time the release. You want a chance to get a full week of sales starting Mon or Tues to hopefully get on a weekly top seller list since there is no “new item” top seller list which almost everyone sounds like they would like and would give a great opportunity to newer authors that aren’t as established.

Also like tortoise said, the weekend is most likely going to be the worst time for it to drop. Since I have heard people write straight up blues songs with slide guitar and then label them corporate motivational just to be in that category it is a very fast moving category. You have a day at most to be on first page of results when someone clicks on corporate category. Of course those results by default are sorted from newest item to oldest. Anyone who knows about websites knows if you not on the first page of google search results your not getting found.

Would probably be smart for people to take advantage of the categories that don’t move as fast but do get steady sales. I think the rock categories are underestimated.

richspeller_music
131 posts
+1 more
richspeller_music says

Time on home page just depends on how fast the reviewers accept new songs after yours. Sometimes you’re lucky and they go to sleep right after your song is approved.

Ha! They’ve all gone to sleep! Been on for hours now 8-)

114 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
blindholm says

Upload some lullabies and they might sleep longer :)

by
by
by
by
by
by