315 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
brandtz says
Yes, thanks for starting this thread Lyden! I appreciate all the points you have raised and am also waiting hopefully for AudioJungle to be born!

Hi JType, and thanks for joining the thread …...........

496 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
JType says

No worries Lyden! I’m just happy to be here :-)

By the way, have you noticed how many audio files there are on FD? I just noticed last night.. :-o

315 posts
+7 more
brandtz says
No worries Lyden! I’m just happy to be here :-) By the way, have you noticed how many audio files there are on FD? I just noticed last night.. :-o

Hi JType, yes there is a lot floating around ….....

rock on …......

450 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
vahid Envato team says

Good suggestions Lyden

It was initially thought that AJ would take a couple of months… max. We now realize that we are essentially rewriting things from scratch, while fixing bugs and adding new features on the current FD site. So – it is taking us a LOT longer than expected. We no longer give out dates. Better to under promise and over deliver.

Audio sales are likely to increase significantly on a separate site rather than a category of FD. And we will have to re think the categories and prices as well.

Until then…we have to keep waiting. Good new is that I am going to announce a new developer has joined our team very shortly. :)

590 posts It's just life. Just live it.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
Themes-Dojo says

That’s good news vahid ;)

1045 posts
+2 more
iDraw says

i’m excited :D… thanks vahid

315 posts
+7 more
brandtz says
Good suggestions Lyden

It was initially thought that AJ would take a couple of months… max. We now realize that we are essentially rewriting things from scratch, while fixing bugs and adding new features on the current FD site. So – it is taking us a LOT longer than expected. We no longer give out dates. Better to under promise and over deliver.

Audio sales are likely to increase significantly on a separate site rather than a category of FD. And we will have to re think the categories and prices as well.

Until then…we have to keep waiting. Good new is that I am going to announce a new developer has joined our team very shortly. :)

Hi vahid, thanks for joining!

I can imagine it is hard work, and I am glad, Flashden see this threat as a helping hand!

There is a lot of audio waiting to burn on AJ, so lets keep this threat on fire, with ideas and input.

1045 posts
+2 more
iDraw says

i feel that competitions on the audiojungle site would be a joyful feature…. that would be unfair for the audio authors, if flash authors have chances for joining competitions and we not, wouldn’t it?

just a thought :)

161 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
SubKutz says

The audio section of Flashden seems pretty quiet to me! and that goes for sale, forum threats and user additions.

Audio Approval How many people are taking care of the Audio approval? ( I have meet Adrian, a very nice acquaintance).

Witch quality standards/guidelines are the Audio staff following on approval ? I can only find this on Flashden : AUDIO : For audio Items, the sound file must sound clear and not include any static or sound distortion.

I stopped submitting audio here way before Christmas. Why? Well people were submitting 100’s of loops and fx a week, that meant people like me who submitted maybe 1 file a week were just getting drowned out. I’m not saying I’m a guru or anything but I prefer quality over quantity.

That leads me to the quality/standards guidelines. Not offense, but quite a lot of the audio on FlashDen is very poorly mastered. If mastered at all. O.k, if the file is going to be compressed and put in to a flash website or game it doesn’t really matter. But I bet it’s not just the flash guys who search for audio, what about people looking for corporate music etc?

When Audio Jungle arrives, FD seriously need to take a look at their quality/standards guidelines. And they seriously need to have researched their potential audience/buyers.

Launching a site purposely designed for selling audio means they’re going to be competing with some the big established stock audio sites. Most of these sites, wont accept anything other than high quality, fully mastered wav files. Fully mastered is industry standard, it’s what the consumers want these days. If you want these people to keep buying you have got to provide the highest quality there is.

I’m taking Audio Jungle isn’t aimed solely at flash designers? Becasue why bother giving audio a separate site?

I’m sorry if I sound nasty in this post, but I’m saying it how it is. Stock audio is a bit of a tough nut to crack. You need a submission review team with the rite knowledge and the correct equipment to give submissions the green light.

461 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Solidbeats Envato team says
The audio section of Flashden seems pretty quiet to me! and that goes for sale, forum threats and user additions.
Sales are picking up, more than ever before! Not sure about forum threads tho ;)
Audio Approval How many people are taking care of the Audio approval? ( I have meet Adrian, a very nice acquaintance).
Not sure, but i think Adrien and Scott is running the audio section. Queue is no longer an issue, uploaded a track yesterday and the files was approved about 15 minutes later. Can’t complain at all :)
I stopped submitting audio here way before Christmas. Why? Well people were submitting 100’s of loops and fx a week, that meant people like me who submitted maybe 1 file a week were just getting drowned out. I’m not saying I’m a guru or anything but I prefer quality over quantity.

I hear ya, but eventually your quality file will get noticed among the bunch. So keep on submitting your tracks.

by
by
by
by
by
by