I’ve submitted my theme a couple of times now, the first time a few problems were pointed out to me and I was able to fix them and resubmit. I submitted again a few weeks ago, and got rejected as the theme is not unique enough. I’m not disputing that, but I’d very much like some suggestions as to how I can make it more unique without starting again!
Here’s my theme preview: Totum5
Thanks in advance!
- Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Exclusive Author
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
- Has been a member for 2-3 years
Tip: your home is very crowded. Use less elements here and try anther typography for titles and menus.
Very chaotic and it looks like stuff is missing.
Thanks for the feedback. What do you mean it looks like stuff is missing?
Try with this:
- Give it more space, - Letter should have more line-height, - Slider and content blocks are not the same width, - Work more on the UX and framing.
Also try with more patterns, color schemes, boxed and stretched layout.
Increase the paragraphs line height.
I’m just gonna talk about the footer, because that what caught my eye the most. The footer has some messing content, like the ‘Recent Posts’ section, where is the rest of it?
The contact form needs a lot of styles, it looks very basic.
The line height is a mess.
The whole design needs a lot of work.
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I think I’ll stick to converting other peoples designs to WordPress instead of attempting my own, my design ability requires significant improvement!
Also, I just noticed I put “less unique” in the title, woops