537 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says

Hey Ya’ll,

I’m going to release a new wordpress theme this week (if all goes well) :D and instead of using the normal help file (HTML) I wanted to try something different for this theme and all upcoming themes.

I want to make detailed screen cast documentation of the installation of this theme since it’s going to be a rather complicated progress, lots of features etc. I’ve found a app for this (Screenflick), but now my question is how could I host/ad this video file the best:

1. Upload it to youtube.
  2. Host it on my own server.
  3. Ad it inside the theme folder.
  4. Any other suggestion.

Thanks for the help.

4321 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

You should use Screenr – http://screenr.com/ and embed the video in one html file. With Screenr you can get up to 5 minutes per screencast. Lets say that you make a html file:

1. Installation: Screencast 1 (5min)
  2. Customization: Screencast 2 (5min)

and so on ;) hope that helps. BTW : I use it in my themes :P

2952 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says
You should use Screenr – http://screenr.com/ and embed the video in one html file. With Screenr you can get up to 5 minutes per screencast. Lets say that you make a html file:
  1. Installation: Screencast 1 (5min)
  2. Customization: Screencast 2 (5min)
and so on ;) hope that helps. BTW : I use it in my themes :P

And the quality is AWESOME ! Super HD :) I will use it for my WP theme too.

2952 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

duplicate

537 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says

Thanks guys, i’ll need to give screenr a try, but i’m not that found on those video sharing sites, especially for commercial themes documentation.

Any other suggestion?

2671 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

I think upload it to youtube, than you don`t have to pay for bandwidth or upload massive files to themeforest.

by
by
by
by
by
by