545 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
muscma01 says

Make sure your putting a real strong effort in marketing your music on soundcloud, youtube, dailymotion, a blog, and all of that to help stand out a little bit and bring more attention to your music. With the large amount of music here on AJ you have to be active in bringing attention to your portfolio because if you depend only on search results it will be very hard to get traction. Upload regularly and hopefully your numbers will go up. Good luck!

97 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Green_Eyes says

I started about when you did, and I have 26 sales from 51 items (1 exclusive profile, 1 non-exclusive profile). Not exactly huge numbers, but that’s about .5 sales per item. You currently have .3 sales per item. If you make more music…you will sell more. Simple as that. The higher the quality, and the more genres you cover, and the more you promote yourself, the better your sales will do as well. I’m not happy with my sales numbers, but I’m not giving up any time soon. Especially considering how much better I’ve gotten since I began, and how much I’ve learned. I’m about to dive into “uke” territory as well…Hopefully it isn’t “too little too late.”
I started to learn to play uke because of AJ. That’s so cool. I just fell in love with this cute instrument. Actually all my family too. They begin to smile when I play it. Really-really awesome one. :) Thanks NRHmusic
97 posts
Green_Eyes says

Dude when I got my first sale about a year and a half ago I was sooooo grateful :) I can’t tell you the emotion and the feeling I got when someone liked my music so much that they wanted to pay their own money to own it and use it. You can’t compare yourself to others. At least you have 6 sales, most authors don’t have that many. Keep writing and you will make more. 6 really is not shabby :) Plus you look like a young guy, you have TONS of time. I’m 30 and if I could’ve started making tracks when I was 20??? That would’ve been awesome, but I was trying to get signed as a singer/band the whole time.
Just think of it this way, out of ALL the tracks on here 6 people liked yours the best :)
Lol. I am not that young as I look like. I’m 28. I am actually happy with all, but I want sales to be going a little bit better.
Well I’m 46 and I still feel 18 ;-) As for music, I wish I had access to the net, cheap hardware and software when I was dreaming of owning a synth back in 1985. I couldn’t even afford to but a Fostex X15 4 track CASSETTE TAPE recorder then. How times have changed. Age is all relative anyway. There is always someone older than you.
Fostex…sounds cool. I wanna buy some of Fostex reel to reel multitrack recorder. Yep, it is much harder to use it than the DAW recording. But that awesome, warm and distorted analog sound makes me crazy
328 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
MValentino says

Dude when I got my first sale about a year and a half ago I was sooooo grateful :) I can’t tell you the emotion and the feeling I got when someone liked my music so much that they wanted to pay their own money to own it and use it. You can’t compare yourself to others. At least you have 6 sales, most authors don’t have that many. Keep writing and you will make more. 6 really is not shabby :) Plus you look like a young guy, you have TONS of time. I’m 30 and if I could’ve started making tracks when I was 20??? That would’ve been awesome, but I was trying to get signed as a singer/band the whole time.
Just think of it this way, out of ALL the tracks on here 6 people liked yours the best :)
Lol. I am not that young as I look like. I’m 28. I am actually happy with all, but I want sales to be going a little bit better.
Well I’m 46 and I still feel 18 ;-) As for music, I wish I had access to the net, cheap hardware and software when I was dreaming of owning a synth back in 1985. I couldn’t even afford to but a Fostex X15 4 track CASSETTE TAPE recorder then. How times have changed. Age is all relative anyway. There is always someone older than you.

Hey mate, I’m just a year younger than you, but same story, except that my first cassette tape recorder (which I still own) was a Tascam :)

255 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
RomanosMusic says

Just keep composing and just keep posting. (That’s what I keep telling myself) :) Just glad June is over – was a terrible month all round. Good luck.

85 posts
  • Located in Estonia
alextunka says

Green_Eyes i think same, but i’m hoping also for more :) We need to give a time for this:)

456 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
Marbury-Media says

But pleeeeeese, no more ukulele/handclappy music as it’s everywhere. There is an epidemic of musicians producing it. Lets move on ;-)

by
by
by
by
by
by