548 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
MusicBoxStudios says

So, I’m really in need of a new pair of headphones. Would you believe I’ve been using a pair of SkullCandy buds? They sound ok but hurt like hell after a few hours and I think the mixes I get are way unrealistic.

That being said, I need a recommendation. My budget is only about $100 – $150 so I know I won’t get super quality. Because I’m a geek, I’m drawn to using a pair of wireless headphones. Although it would seem that using wireless headsets, would probably not deliver the best quality sound. Does anyone here use wireless headphones versus wired? Do you have any feedback on that issue?

I’ve seen a couple of decent sets of headphones on Amazon.com (wired) in the range of $40-$50. It’s my guess at that price these couldn’t be studio quality even though the name implies that they are.

If anyone has any recommendations, or would like to share the brand and model number that they use personally, I would really appreciate it. Please include a link or at least a model number so that I can search for the product.

170 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
augustomeijer says

I wouldn’t go wireless, you’d be wasting precious money on wireless technology. (I think!)

130 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
WilcoMatla says

You will get honest listening quality if you go with something like AKG Studio headphones. Ive been using them since the early 2000s and can’t do without them :-) They will fit your budget too

81 posts
  • Exclusive Author
lutch says

Use only studio monitors! Earphones won’t help.

548 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
MusicBoxStudios says

I wouldn’t go wireless, you’d be wasting precious money on wireless technology. (I think!)

I agree. Wireless is out. Reading reviews online confirms my decision.

548 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
MusicBoxStudios says

You will get honest listening quality if you go with something like AKG Studio headphones. Ive been using them since the early 2000s and can’t do without them :-) They will fit your budget too

Checking them out now

548 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
MusicBoxStudios says

Use only studio monitors! Earphones won’t help.

Unfortunately for me, I live in an upstairs apartment. So while using my monitors during the day is fine, it doesn’t work so well when I’m playing in the middle of the night. My neighbors don’t share the same love for royalty-free all night jam sessions.

84 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
CinematicTracks says

I agree. Wireless is way too expensive if you want good quality headphones. The cheap ones are crap. With cheap wireless headphones you will get lot of noise (hiss), and very limited frequency range.

I got AKG K701 and it’s briliant for me. With this headpnones I can hear literally everything.

80 posts
  • Exclusive Author
YellowSpeaker says

Sony MDR7506 is the great choice for mastering. If you could find old Sony MDR7509 it would be more wonderful.

16 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
lumu says

Sony MDR7506 is the great choice for mastering. If you could find old Sony MDR7509 it would be more wonderful.

+1. I have used the Sony’s for a long time. I also have a pair of beyerdynamic DT770 Pro that are great, but are a little more expensive. These are really comfortable, great when you have to wear them for long periods of time.

by
by
by
by
by
by